PDA

View Full Version : Another Album Art questions

MrP
2007-01-16, 04:57
Hi,

I've searched the forums an answer and as yet not found one, so I thought I'd raise a new thread.

Just upgraded to the lastest nightly (16/01/2007) and whenever I browse the 'Albums Gallery' I never get the picture of the album displayed just the grey '?' but when I click on the '?' I get the album art displayed. I've attached two files, one 'No_Artwork' showing just the '?' and one 'Artwork' showing the album art. Any ideas?

For info, all my artwork is saved in the album folder either labelled 'folder.jpg' or 'AlbumCover.jpg' with this set up all worked well in 6.3.1 I've also added the file name 'AlbumCover.jpg' Interface --> ARTWORK & Interface --> ARTWORK THUMBNAIL

Any ideas?

MrP
2007-01-16, 04:58
Forgot to add system details :-(

VERSION INFO

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11207 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 172.10.10.3
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

hunta
2007-01-16, 06:42
Try using Tag&Rename to import the album art into the tag itself, and to create a file in the folder named 'cover.jpg'. I found that I had your problem while I had images over a certain size and of a certain name (can't remember what it was now though I'm afraid).

Check out this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31463

MrP
2007-01-16, 07:14
Thanks for the tips! I think I'll just go back to 6.3.1 all was working fine on that release.

shabbs
2007-01-16, 08:28
From your screen shots, it looks like you are still scanning the library when you see this behaviour. My experience is that the album thumbnails are the last thing to be built by the scan and only appear at the very end. Do you still see this behaviour after the scan has finished?

Cheers.

MrP
2007-01-16, 08:42
I didn't let it get that far I noticed other problems as well, remote streaming not working, text in window pane not wrapping correctly. Whilst the 'scanner.exe' process was running, my PC kept giving me warnings about running out of virtual memory which I find hard to believe as SlimServer is the only 'real' application that runs on the PC, plus it's got 1Gb of memory to play with. I'll stick with 6.3.1 for now until I get some confidence in another release. All works great for me :-)

hunta
2007-01-16, 17:35
I didn't let it get that far I noticed other problems as well, remote streaming not working, text in window pane not wrapping correctly. Whilst the 'scanner.exe' process was running, my PC kept giving me warnings about running out of virtual memory which I find hard to believe as SlimServer is the only 'real' application that runs on the PC, plus it's got 1Gb of memory to play with. I'll stick with 6.3.1 for now until I get some confidence in another release. All works great for me :-)

I know what you're saying, but 6.5.1 should be pretty stable. If it's all over the show as you suggest you should probably stick it out for a bit and report back. Like I say, it should be a happy bunny.