PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 isn't working for me - where can I find 6.3?

Matt Shelton
2007-01-14, 10:04
Hi there. I've been using SlimSever for over a year, and all versions prior to 6.5 have worked flawlessly for me. When I first tried to upgrade to 6.5 last September, I had big problems (SlimServer wouldn't open, it wouldn't scan my albums, etc. etc.( I was able to roll back successfully to 6.3, as I still had the 6.3 install file on my hard drive.

I tried to upgrade to 6.5 (and 6.5.1) a few days ago and have been having nothing but similar problems. For example, once I installed it and clicked on "Clear Library and Rescan Everything", it took quite awhile to scan, but ultimately it decided that I have zero albums.

I'd like to revert back to 6.3, which always worked well for me. Unfortunately, like an idiot, I deleted the install file a few weeks ago when I was doing some house cleaning on my harddrive. I've got so much darned music on the hard drive, that I was running out of room!

Does anyone know where I can find the 6.3 install file on the slimdevices website? If not, if you have it, could you get it to me somehow? Maybe I could access it via FTP? If you have the answer, please respond or send me an e-mail at matthewleeshelton@gmail.com. Thanks!

Mark Lanctot
2007-01-14, 10:11
http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads

kdf
2007-01-14, 10:11
http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/

Mark Lanctot
2007-01-14, 10:13
(this is not directed to the OP)

Can we somehow get this in the FAQ, a sticky, the wiki or somewhere?

This question gets asked a few times a week.

kdf
2007-01-14, 10:27
On 14-Jan-07, at 9:13 AM, Mark Lanctot wrote:

>
> (this is not directed to the OP)
>
> Can we somehow get this in the FAQ, a sticky, the wiki or somewhere?
>
search function works too. mostly, it's a case of shortest path.
those who ask, probably don't look around for very long.

> This question gets asked a few times a week.
>
would probably be even more were it not for the info already available.

If anyone feels it need to be in the wiki, it is open for anyone to do
so.

-kdf