PDA

View Full Version : Last.fm stops SlimServer (6.5.1)

hunta
2007-01-11, 03:51
If I try to play one of my Last.fm playlists either using the remote or via the browser interface SlimServer stops running.

I realise this is precious little info to work off, unless this is a known issue. Any pointers please on how to start diagnosing the problem?

Thanks.

Craig, James (IT)
2007-01-11, 04:12
Do you have access to your log file?
Or if you're running the default installation on Windows can you check
the Event Viewer for errors from SlimServer?

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

Siduhe
2007-01-11, 04:19
When you say "Last.fm playlist" do you mean a default station (loved, personal, recommendation) or one you've created (similar artists / frou frou for example) ?

I found that using the wrong syntax to set up a radio station could crash Slimserver on 6.5.0.

If not, try going to Server Settings / Debugging / tick the flag marked d_plugins, open up the logfile (top of the Debugging page, click "here"), and try to connect to a station that crashes Slimserver. Cut and paste the relevant bit of the log file (may need to refresh the logfile page to see it).

hunta
2007-01-11, 05:38
When you say "Last.fm playlist" do you mean a default station (loved, personal, recommendation) or one you've created (similar artists / frou frou for example) ?

I found that using the wrong syntax to set up a radio station could crash Slimserver on 6.5.0.

This could be it. To be honest I've not used it in a little while, so tonight I'll revisit the stations I've got set up. Thanks.