PDA

View Full Version : FF problem with SqueezeBox

lemmy999
2007-01-09, 09:38
I am using SlimServer Version 6.5.0 - 9916 and in File Types I have FLAC - FLAC checked and all of my music files are FLAC. The FF on the Squeezebox works, but just not well. I hold down the >> button for a few seconds and let off and it goes to 2x scanning speed (which is much too slow to be useful). I hit play and it will start playing fine. However if I am at 2x and want to go to 4x and I press and hold >> again, it will usually go to 4x, but it seems to jump forward an indeterminate amount of time (by the track time indicator) but then nothing happens. No sound, no continuing to scan. Then I hit play and the track time (and bar) stays where it is and there is usually silence, or it starts at the beginning of the track (even though the timer still indicates it is somewhere in the middle of the track). I have to stop and restart the track to get it to work properly again. Has anyone experienced this type of behavior?

Philip Meyer
2007-01-10, 02:39
>I hold down the >> button for a
>few seconds and let off and it goes to 2x scanning speed (which is much
>too slow to be useful). I hit play and it will start playing fine.
>However if I am at 2x and want to go to 4x and I press and hold >>
>again, it will usually go to 4x, but it seems to jump forward an
>indeterminate amount of time (by the track time indicator) but then
>nothing happens.
>
This sounds similar to bug 3899 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3899) that I reported a few months back.

I was seeing it with the squeezebox and softsqueeze. If you think this sounds like the same problem you are experiencing, please add any information to this bug report add your emial address to the cc list/vote for the bug.

Phil