PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection

oconnellc
2007-01-06, 01:19
I have had my squeezebox for some time, but finally moving it into another room where I will have to connect to the wireless network in my house. For testing, I decided to just connect while it was set up right next the wireless router. I can get it to connect and start playing a song, but it will only play for about 15 seconds or so and then it disconnects and I have to power cycle everything (yes, the router too) to connect again, only to have it get dropped after 15 seconds of play. Any ideas? I have searched the FAQ and not seen anything helpful. I haven't updated the firmware (version 55) since I got it. Do I need to upgrade that? Any help (or even sympathy) would be appreciated.

oconnellc
2007-01-06, 13:49
Problem not related to the squeezebox. I found a firmware update for my wireless router and things are working (so far)?

SuperQ
2007-01-06, 17:28
Problem not related to the squeezebox. I found a firmware update for my wireless router and things are working (so far)?

Glad we could help ;)

Are you running Slimserver 6.5? There is a great wireless data test that you can run under Plugins - Network Test

Once the network test is running press the down arrow till it hits 2000kbps, that should be able to stay at Avg 90%. My little d-link 802.11g can do 99% at 5000kbps no problem.