PDA

View Full Version : SoftSqueeze question

NauticusLX
2007-01-03, 17:57
Does SoftSqueeze only work in the local network that hosts the SqueezeBox (v3)? I wanted to access my SqueezeNetwork radio favorites from other PC's, using the PC's built-in speakers.

aubuti
2007-01-03, 23:22
You can use SoftSqueeze to access your SqueezeNetwork favorites from anywhere. You just need to link the SoftSqueeze player to your SN account. Just start SS on a computer somewhere, and then scroll down to the Player PIN menu on SS (right after Settings, I believe). Click the right arrow and follow the instructions. Basically you just need to tell SN the PIN of your SS player, and from then on I believe it identifies it via the MAC address of the computer.

Oh, and for the host you put the SN host, which is service.us.squeezenetwork.com

NauticusLX
2007-01-04, 16:12
But SoftSqueeze needs to be installed on any PC from which I want to access my favorites, right? Most PC's already have Winamp. With this in mind, it might be easier to create an m3u file containing the urls, save that online or carry it with me on a floppy or thumb drive, and load it into Winamp of another PC. Of course the m3u list wouldn't be dynamically updated when I edit my favorites, but it's an interesting way to bring my virtual stereo with me wherever I go. Can Winamp be installed on cell phones or pda's?

aubuti
2007-01-05, 07:23
Sorry, it sounded to me like you were asking about using SoftSqueeze to access your SN favorites. I don't use WinAmp, so I'm not sure about the feasibility of what you're trying to do. I don't think there's a version of WinAmp for phones or PDAs, but it seems there are clones, like WinAmpAQ.

Try posting in the SqueezeNetwork forum, you might get more helpful answers.