PDA

View Full Version : slimserver not seeing all my music files

jlrood
2006-12-31, 14:47
I've recently purchased a sb3 and loaded slimserver. I've upgraded twice but still when I scan my music folder I only get about 50% of my songs. I figured out a way to get them all by going to my music folder and opening every album folder. this is very time consuming and every time ther is a new upgrade I will possibly have to do it all over again. I've read the beginners forums I tried a MP3 tagging sftwr that didn't work either. Almost all my music is burned from my own cd's , I have about 12k songs. I've never had problem with music match or window media player finding my tracks. I'm currently running 6.5.1 11032. everything about the sb3 w/slimserver is great except for this 1 problem. Any suggestions??

adamslim
2007-01-01, 05:14
Start from the angle that SlimServer works, so there must be something about the files that it doesn't like:
- DRM
- Dodgy accents (non-ascii chars)
- Tags that are odd (Id3v2 vs Id3v1, say)

There's stacks in the forum about similar problems. It's normally a tagging thing I think. Post some examples of what works and what doesn't.

Adam

Justme
2007-01-02, 02:23
Hello jlrood,

I had a similar problem recently as well, and mine was related to McAfee Internet Security that was also installed on my computer.

If you have this on your's try the following:
On McAfee Security Center, set the "Specify Types of files to scan" on real time scanning, to program files and documents only.

Then try rescanning the library.