PDA

View Full Version : Transporter questions

yooper
2006-12-31, 13:00
After searching, I can't find hard answers.

First, concerning ALAC playback. The files play fine through my Mac Mini. However, some files (always the same files) wont play
through the Transporter. They exhist on the wireless network and when I push play, the song shows on the TP display, but no sound. I have attempted to change setting within the file type encoding, but no luck. I am running 6.5. I tried 6.5.1 after deleting 6.5 and still no luck. I am not using iTunes to manage my music, I simply have the TP looking at an external hard drive.

Second question, I am using balanced XLR out to my (pre amp) Anthem AVM 50 balanced in and use 2 channel direct mode. I have a 5 channel Anthem MCA 50 amp. Is this the best connection to use? I see some people go unbalanced directly into an amp, is this because of a lack of balanced inputs?

If the above method is correct, I gather I set the volume to max, and bypass the digital volume control? Anything I may be missing?

On another note, as good as I know the Anthem seperates are, I am truly amazed of the audio quality the Transporter provides. I bought it hoping, but not believing $2000.00 would would make it a worthy purchase. With a 30 day return policy, I had nothing to lose. The shipping box is now stored in the garage, and I am more than thrilled! Has anyone seen my wife?!

Actually, she too is amazed at the improvement, and I love her for it.

Mark

ModelCitizen
2007-01-01, 04:42
In order:

Are the files DRM protected by any chance? If so you can't play them on Slim stuff. Otherwise check that the relevant decoder (codec) is installed in the correct place.

My guess is that anyone who can use the balanced outputs does. The people who don't can't.

You can turn up the output to full if you want and use another device to control the volume. There are jumpers in the Transporter that you can set to ensure that it ouputs the best max volume level for your amplifier (see manual).

And yes, the Transporter has an unusually pure sound.

MC

Digital Audiophile
2007-01-07, 19:38
In order:

Are the files DRM protected by any chance? If so you can't play them on Slim stuff. Otherwise check that the relevant decoder (codec) is installed in the correct place.

My guess is that anyone who can use the balanced outputs does. The people who don't can't.

You can turn up the output to full if you want and use another device to control the volume. There are jumpers in the Transporter that you can set to ensure that it ouputs the best max volume level for your amplifier (see manual).

And yes, the Transporter has an unusually pure sound.

MC

I didn't think you could adjust the balanced output level - rather only on the un-balanced?