PDA

View Full Version : Change wording to suit compilation albums?

Fozzy
2006-12-31, 11:25
Working with SlimServer 6.5.1 and an attached Squeezebox 3, in the right hand pane of the web interface where the playlist for the squeezebox is display it displays songs in a format like this:

19. All Things Dull And Ugly from Monty Python - Sings by Monty Python

This is fine, except that when the album is a compilation album is becomes silly. For example:

36. Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away) from Now That's What I Call Music 65 by David Guetta vs The Egg

The album "Now That's What I Call Music 65" is not by "David Guetta vs The Egg" onlt that track is.

SlimServer doesn't seem to be following either the server title format or that defined for that player so does anyone know how to change this to be more sensible?

TiA,
Steve.

slimpy
2007-01-01, 13:53
I use the following format string in Server Settings - Formatting - Title Format:
TRACKNUM. TITLE (DURATION) by ARTIST from ALBUM (YEAR)
This works for regular albums and compilations.
Tracks are displayed in this format in the web interface and can also be used on the squeezebox display.

-s.

Fozzy
2007-01-02, 14:52
I use the following format string in Server Settings - Formatting - Title Format:
TRACKNUM. TITLE (DURATION) by ARTIST from ALBUM (YEAR)
This works for regular albums and compilations.
Tracks are displayed in this format in the web interface and can also be used on the squeezebox display.

-s.

Thanks, that did it.
Steve.