PDA

View Full Version : internet radio & rss problems

toaster75
2006-12-30, 09:39
Hi there,
I have a brand new set up using a qnap 101 running slimserver 6.2. Streaming music works ok from qnap to sb3. But I am having trouble accessing both squeezenetwork, alienbbc and rss feeds although the time/date appears fine on the sb3. Accessing internet streams is ok via laptop.

For information puposes i have also installed a new linksys wag54gs router.

Just wondering if maybe i have overlooked a port issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

toaster75
2006-12-30, 13:16
Strange...Can now connect to sqeezenetwork ok for some reason! Still have no access to internet streams and rss feeds screensavers.

Thanks

bpa
2006-12-30, 13:32
SB to Squeezenetwork does not go through your QNAP server - so it looks like your QNAP is either barred from accessing Internet or your QNAP has a firewall which is preventing slimserver from accessing internet.

Recoveryone
2006-12-30, 13:55
Didn't want to start a new thread on simular issue, but here it goes.

Having problem getting any Radio Time stastion to play. I have signed up for an account on their site and added the info on the squeeze network page and I still can't get any station to play.

I do get the RSS ticker and some jazz stations via Internet Radio, but none of the station through Radio time. any hints????????

Recoveryone
2006-12-30, 14:52
Didn't want to start a new thread on simular issue, but here it goes.

Having problem getting any Radio Time stastion to play. I have signed up for an account on their site and added the info on the squeeze network page and I still can't get any station to play.

I do get the RSS ticker and some jazz stations via Internet Radio, but none of the station through Radio time. any hints????????

A little more research gave me the answer, internet radio has not changes much over the years. Just as before in the early days of the internet, many compaines/station drop off the radar on broadcasting their signal via the web (cost cutting I guess) Some of the station I wanted to listen to could be heard on the PC, but not over the squeeze network. But the Radio time does work, just not as many station as one would like to have.