PDA

View Full Version : Order of tracks

jarome
2006-12-27, 13:54
I have an album that spans two CDs. I wanted to put then into the same folder, so I carefully changed the track numbers of CD2 to start at 14, the first track after CD1. But when Slimserver indexes them, it always plays tracks 14-21 first and then starts at 1.

How do I change this? What determines the order of the tracks? I thought it was the track number.

slimpy
2006-12-27, 14:08
It is actually discnumber then tracknumber.
For mp3 this is the TPOS tag (format <disc#>/<total discs>), for flac use DISC and DISCC (disc count).
All tracks from all discs need to have the exact same album title for this to work properly.
Have a look at your tags to see if there are any differences in the album tag or if there are any discnumber tags.

-s.

And yes, all files need to be located in the same directory

Khuli
2006-12-28, 02:37
And yes, all files need to be located in the same directory

I have multi-disc albums that list properly which are NOT in the same directory - the main thing is to have the album title the same and the disc number set.

In my experience, ripping CDs doesn't set the disc number, and more often than not has a different album name as "[Disc 1]" or similar is usually included.

slimpy
2006-12-28, 02:46
In my experience, ripping CDs doesn't set the disc number, and more often than not has a different album name as "[Disc 1]" or similar is usually included.
Depends on your ripping/encoding configuration. Album names only differ if you blindly accept what your ripping program extracts from CDDB ;-)

-s.