PDA

View Full Version : Diagram of Internet radio stations

NauticusLX
2006-12-26, 17:42
Is there a diagram available that graphically describes all the Internet radio stations currently available? There should at least be a regular list of all the stations available through the Internet Radio feature. An explanation of some of the channels would also help, such as for the "Archives" area.

Diana
2006-12-27, 01:11
Have a look at

http://www.mikesradioworld.com/index.html

Best wishes

NauticusLX
2006-12-29, 16:14
What a great website! This does answer my question. However, the question I meant to post originally was, a diagram of the options that appear on the SqueezeBox when using Internet Radio on the SqueezeNetwork.

Thanks!

tyler_durden
2006-12-29, 20:43
How about pushing the buttons on the remote and writing down the menus that come up? It should take all of 5 minutes...

TD

NauticusLX
2006-12-30, 19:57
Tylerís being sarcastic! Of course I can push the buttons, dummy. I want to do it with 1 button, not 54,183. Thank you Tyler for the suggestion.

tyler_durden
2006-12-30, 21:58
Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. Posting messages here and checking responses has taken much more time and energy than simply taking the DIY approach that I suggested.

TD

bpa
2006-12-31, 02:12
NauticusLX,

I think you don't understand what content is provided by Squeezenetwork. IIRC only Slim Picks menu content is provided by Slimdevices. Other menu items such as ShoutCast, RadioTime etc hand over to that "operator" and they (i.e. Shoutcast etc.) provide the menu content, how it is organised and even whether it works. Think of th SB as a Web browsere and you have just followed a link to another web site from a portal.

NauticusLX
2006-12-31, 02:25
bpa, I believe you're wrong. ShoutCast, RadioTime, and Pandora, etc. are, of course, separately owned and operated, and notice I did not mention them in my post, because my criticism does not concern these separately owned and operated project - and notice they're all at a high level, which is convenient. The subdirectories I described are all under the purview of SlimDesign. I'm not blaming SlimDesign for non-working URL's per se. The content which is suggested by the complex directory is, however, extremely misleading, since most of the url's DON'T WORK!

bpa
2006-12-31, 02:42
Can you give a specific example beyond level 2 with the path to get there.

I've looked at my Suqeezenetwork Internet radio menu and I have the following entries

Slimdevices Picks
Live Music Archive
Live365
Pandora
Radio.com
RadioTime
ShoutCast

Except for Slimdevices Picks - all the rest handover to another site for the content.

Do you have others ?

NauticusLX
2007-01-01, 13:14
bpa I don't quite understand your question. If you read my other recent posts this may answer your question.

bpa
2007-01-01, 13:45
The other thread came to the same conclusion as I did. The content you are looking for doesn't come from slimdevices but RadioTime.

To clarify my question - please details the SB menus you followed to get to an URL which doesn't work (e.g. Top -> Internet Radio -> Slimdevices Picks -> By Genre -> Classical -> ABC)

soupdragon
2007-01-01, 13:57
i think what is being driven at is radioguide by radiotime - if you scroll through 'by location' and then country, a fair number of the stations when selected have a url which is not recognised.

i too have found this annoying but presume since it a new feature their will be teething problems.

am i correct in assuming this ?

Liam

bpa
2007-01-01, 17:23
Except for Slimdevices Picks - Squeezenetwork acts much like a web portal - slimdevices are not responsible for the content or the quality of Radiotime sites - Slimdevices just makes sure the radiotime contents is accessible from Squeezbox. It is not Slimdevices responsibility to ensure the quality of RadioTime's information.

If some of RadioTimes URLs don't work - Radiotime should be informed not the Slimdevices forums.

Slimdevices only maintains its pick list and Slimdevices as far as possible ensures that URLs listed are available and accurate