Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4mula1
    • Jan 2006

New Squeezebox...oddities about it

I bought my parents a new wireless SB3 from Slim Devices and set it up today. The first thing that struck me as odd was that it complained that the ethernet was disabled. Strange. I pressed the left arrow and setup networking and selected wireless setup. It asked me if I wanted to connect to "facorytest". WTF? I scrolled down and found my parent's SSID and all was good. I forget where, maybe in selecting the computer with SlimServer it asked me if I wanted to connect to "testmachine2".

The two SB3s I bought last spring didn't have any of that going on. Was this a refurb? It's probably a good thing an experienced SB3 user got it because I had no problems getting it setup, but a non-geek user might have trouble figuring it out.
  • Mark Miksis
    formerly known as Fletch
    • May 2005

I've never used a wireless SB, but...

Aren't these choices just the SSID's of the various wireless networks it found?

Comment

• rtitmuss
      Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
      • Apr 2005

It sounds like your Squeezebox was not correctly reset after the factory test. You should do a factory reset (press and hold add while the Squeezebox is booting). This is an automated process, so I'm not sure why the reset did not happen on your unit.

Richard

Comment

Working...