PDA

View Full Version : Q:Squeezebox can't log into server

mmg_fan
2006-12-23, 18:00
Hi
Just set up my Squeezebox, I can access the SqueezeNetwork, and I have installed the latest version of Slimserver on my Mac but the player can't seem to find the slim server...

From the web based slimserver software, it also says it can't find a player.

And yet I have no problem connecting to the Squeezenetwork

Mark Miksis
2006-12-23, 18:28
I don't use MacOS, but doesn't it have a firewall that is enabled by default? If so, you need to open ports 3483 and 9000.

mmg_fan
2006-12-23, 19:24
Hmm thanks
I'm, thinking also that I need to enable the 'port forwarding' option in my router setup software.

Would you know if 'Application Name would be 'http' and 'Traffic type' would be 'TCP' for both ports?

Mark Miksis
2006-12-23, 19:46
Hmm thanks
I'm, thinking also that I need to enable the 'port forwarding' option in my router setup software.

As long as your slimserver and the SB are both on the same private subnet, you shouldn't need to change port forwarding or any other settings on your router.

Instructions for setting up the Mac OS firewall are at http://faq.slimdevices.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=2&id=76

mmg_fan
2006-12-23, 21:41
Ok, thanks I think I'm getting close.

I think in addition to the osx firewall it must have something to do with my router settings.
My router (D-Link wbr) requires me to set up a dhcp network.

But when I launch my slimserver...I periodically get pop-ups saying 'unable to connect using PPoe'

Mark Miksis
2006-12-24, 10:43
But when I launch my slimserver...I periodically get pop-ups saying 'unable to connect using PPoe'

I'm not completely clear on how your LAN is configured, but I don't understand why you're seeing these. Assuming your ISP uses PPPoE, here's what I suggest: Configure your router to handle the PPPoE stuff on the WAN side. Then configure your router to use normal DHCP on the WAN side. This way, your Mac, SB and other LAN clients don't have to know anything about PPPoE. You may need to change your Mac's networking settings as well.