PDA

View Full Version : Slow web interface

RainmanRam
2006-12-23, 09:50
I'm running SlimServer 6.5 on a dual core 2.8GHz with 1G of ram and IE 6. I'm experiencing very slow web page response times. Even on the server if I double click the slimserver tray icon, it takes 15+ seconds to display the main slimserver web page.

Is this a known issue? I'm not familiar with the instrumentation but I'd suspect there is something in there I can turn on to determine where the bottleneck is?

Thanks,
Ray

slimpy
2006-12-23, 10:43
This certainly isn't normal.
Is slimserver still scanning your library?
Open taskmanager and check which programs hog your CPU(s) when you use the web interface.

-s.

RainmanRam
2006-12-23, 11:55
From the server: surprisingly enough, it's the idle process. I don't see much happening in taskman until just before the page displays, then I see "slim.exe" and the page displays in less than a second. Before that, there are just a few small blips from iexporer and explorer.

From a remote machine: There is a pause for several seconds and I see a blip from inetinfo.exe, then slim.exe is seen a couple seconds after that for a short time then a long pause again before the page is served up remotely.

Is there some way to detect when slim.exe gets the http request? Maybe there's something odd going on with my network configuration where requests aren't making to slim quickly?