PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox G problem w/ 6.5.1

wesg
2006-12-21, 07:48
I posted this message on the Infrant forum as well, but thought it might help to post here as well in case this is a more generic problem.

http://www.infrant.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7974

I have 3 squeezeboxes on my network, a Model3, Model2, and an original Squeezebox G.

I am running Slimserver on the ReadyNAS v6.5.1-10479 as supplied in the 3.01c1-p6 for the Infrant box.

The set up works properly on the Squeezebox 3 and the model 2. However, while the navigation works properly on the Squeezebox G, whenever I ask the unit to play a song, it displays an error that it is unable to open the file.

I also have Slimserver running on a XP box. This is version 6.5.0-9916-WinXP. The Squeezebox G works properly when connected to this server.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this build of 6.5.1 and a Squeezebox G or if it has something to do with Infrant's implimentation.

Thank you

Wes G

azinck3
2006-12-21, 07:53
I posted this message on the Infrant forum as well, but thought it might help to post here as well in case this is a more generic problem.

http://www.infrant.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7974

I have 3 squeezeboxes on my network, a Model3, Model2, and an original Squeezebox G.

I am running Slimserver on the ReadyNAS v6.5.1-10479 as supplied in the 3.01c1-p6 for the Infrant box.

The set up works properly on the Squeezebox 3 and the model 2. However, while the navigation works properly on the Squeezebox G, whenever I ask the unit to play a song, it displays an error that it is unable to open the file.

I also have Slimserver running on a XP box. This is version 6.5.0-9916-WinXP. The Squeezebox G works properly when connected to this server.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this build of 6.5.1 and a Squeezebox G or if it has something to do with Infrant's implimentation.

Thank you

Wes G

Not that familiar with Infrant's implementation, but the problem is likely due to an inability to transcode to mp3 or wav format. You may not have LAME installed (necessary to transcode to mp3), perhaps you've turned off certain file types (for instance, are you forcing slimserver to feed flac as flac?), or maybe you have bitrate limiting turned on (with no LAME installed).

It would probably be helpful to know what format your files are in.

wesg
2006-12-21, 20:29
You were dead on. Music is all in FLAC. FLAC -> WAV was not turned on. The newer devices of course will read FLAC natively while the original will not.

All fixed. Thanks for the help.

WesG