PDA

View Full Version : Long delay before playing tracks

Fatspoon
2006-12-20, 09:54
I've just set up a Squeezebox 3 with v6.5 and am finding that there's a 30-60 seconds delay before each track begins to play.

The squeezebox doesn't resond during this delay. The same delay appears in between tracks and also when I attempt to play anything via the Slimserver.

I think it's the server rather than the box that's causing the delay. The problem exists no matter what I play (MP3s, playlists, whole albums, internet, etc). Network performance is fine, although sometimes I seem to get the same delay when checking performance, and then it reports 100% all OK.

I have a large iTunes library (22,000 tracks) so perhaps this has something to do with it. I've searched on line and can't seem to find anything.

This is on a reasonably quick PC running XP with plenty of disk space and RAM. I can even play tracks via iTunes and the squeezebox at the same time without any problems. But this delay before and between tracks is a real pain. If I can't fix this it's going to have to go back because it's unworkable. Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance for your help.

stinkingpig
2006-12-21, 12:21
On 12/20/06, Fatspoon
<Fatspoon.2j4ipn1166633701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> I've just set up a Squeezebox 3 with v6.5 and am finding that there's a
> 30-60 seconds delay before each track begins to play.
>
> The squeezebox doesn't resond during this delay. The same delay appears
> in between tracks and also when I attempt to play anything via the
> Slimserver.
>

weird. Try the performance monitoring tool in Help?
--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional

Siduhe
2006-12-21, 12:29
What is your Itunes Reload Interval set to ? There was a problem a while back where a low setting meant that slimserver was constantly checking the Itunes database and hitting performance.

Not sure if this is still an issue, but try setting Itunes Reload Interval to 0, does performance improve ?

Fatspoon
2006-12-23, 14:51
Thanks for the input guys. I found another mention of this problem elsewhere and I removed the iTunes Update plugin as a result. This seems to have sorted it out completely.