PDA

View Full Version : 6.5.0 Live 365 presets picks random station for last preset position

Nerm
2006-12-20, 08:48
In 6.5.0 release or greater (nightlies included) the last Live365 preset position will not hold the Live365 preset station I have picked. When you scroll down to the last preset it says LOADING.... and picks a random station to fill the preset. On the last preset (#4) SlimServer replaces my preset with a random station.

I have completely removed SlimServer and reinstalled several times and it is always the same problem with anything greater than 6.3.1. Plus I have tried a different computer with no success.

Anyone else experiencing this?

short_y
2006-12-20, 15:41
I'm having the same issue, too, and I'm running a relatively recent nightly -- a week or so old, I think. My last preset isn't one that I visit too often, I guess, because, while I noticed it, I never really spent any time looking into it.

While we're on the subject, has anyone noticed that the FIRST Live365 preset isn't correct? I just happened across this peculiarity one day when I hit the up arrow immediately after going into my presets. When I realized what I'd done and hit the down arrow, I noticed that the first preset was different! I tried it a couple more times (going back to Now Playing then coming back to the Live365 presets) and saw the same behavior.

Should we open a bug on this? I'm not too familiar with the SlimDevices bugzilla forum but I couldn't find anything about live365 presets with my rudimentary search.

Nerm
2006-12-26, 18:32
Good to see someone else is experiencing this problem. I've been in contact with tech support and they keep telling me it's not a bug. I installed 6.3.1 and it works fine. Its only 6.5.0 or greater when I get the problem. I've emailed tech support to tell them of your reply so maybe they'll look deeper.

berkut
2007-02-10, 09:21
In 6.5.0 release or greater (nightlies included) the last Live365 preset position will not hold the Live365 preset station I have picked. When you scroll down to the last preset it says LOADING.... and picks a random station to fill the preset. On the last preset (#4) SlimServer replaces my preset with a random station.

I have completely removed SlimServer and reinstalled several times and it is always the same problem with anything greater than 6.3.1. Plus I have tried a different computer with no success.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am getting the same behavior with release 6.5.1. I would note that this behavior only shows up via the squeeze box display and not via the web page. This evidence strongly points to being an issue with the slimserver rather than with the Live365 server.

In addition I have also experienced frequent difficulties (via the squeezebox display) even accessing the presets while again having no difficulties via the slimserver web page. This new behavior results in any attempt to access the preset list resulting in a message [Loading...] displayed for a varying period of time and then the display reverting back to the [preset] prompt with out ever going to the preset station list.

Server Info:
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt