PDA

View Full Version : Black Wired Squeezebox 3 in UK????

killie99
2006-12-18, 06:33
As the title says - I'm looking for somewhere that has stock of a black wired SB3 in the UK? Anyone know of anywhere?

jimwillsher
2006-12-18, 11:08
As the title says - I'm looking for somewhere that has stock of a black wired SB3 in the UK? Anyone know of anywhere?

I was pretty sure that Simple Automate or Advanced MP3 Players would have it....but both say out of stock. Hmm.....

Jim

killie99
2006-12-18, 16:03
I was pretty sure that Simple Automate or Advanced MP3 Players would have it....but both say out of stock. Hmm.....

Jim

I've hunted all over the UK and can't find anyone with stock - can't believe SlimDevices have absolutely NO STOCK available in the UK in the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas, lots of sales lost I would suspect.
Anyone from SD care to respond on the lack of UK stock?

Smiffy
2006-12-19, 01:23
This happened Last christmas as well. There just so popula. SD can't supply the demand. I had to wait till february for stock to arrive.

karma mechanic
2006-12-19, 01:58
Buying it direct from SlimDevices works out to almost exactly the same price, and delivery is much faster.

In my case I ordered it one evening UK time, and the box arrived at the local UPS depot the following afternoon.

But I wasn't in, so in the end I got it the day after that...

ceepan
2006-12-19, 05:28
BroadbandStuff.co.uk are claiming that stock is arriving Wednesday 20th December (tomorrow).

hunta
2006-12-19, 06:18
I've got an order outstanding with Multitask and mailed SD support to ask about stock. Apparently there's a shipment arriving in the UK this week.

I tried following up to find out whether any of the new style black units would be included but haven't had a response.

====

<Message from SlimDevices technical support, Friday 15 Dec>

We have just sent a large shipment to our UK distributor it will take a few days to get there. However you should be able to acquire a player sometime next week.

KERplunk
2006-12-19, 11:08
I decide not to wait on the UK shipment as the date had been put back and I really wanted one for Christmas. I ordered an all black direct from slimdevices on Friday and UPS attempted delivery on Monday. I realised that I would be paying slightly more but it is an option if you don't want to wait. The price worked out at about an extra 20 (squeezebox price ~174 plus UPS+VAT ~44).

magnanimous
2006-12-19, 11:20
Was also looking at UK suppliers for a Transporter but nobody had one in stock. Looking on the Slim website they had them for 3 week delivery, including a free SB3.

Took the plunge and lo and behold they both arrived 2 days later for 1268 including all the VAT and UPS charges. Only issues is that Slim ship them separately and you have to pay two lots of UPS charges ( 2 x 11).

The SB3 is one of the old Silver/Black ones but has the new candybar remote.

Wonko
2006-12-20, 06:39
I decide not to wait on the UK shipment as the date had been put back and I really wanted one for Christmas.

A good move, and I wish I'd done the same now. I've had one on order (UK) now since the end of November and every time I've called the shipment is 'next week'.

The worst bit is that it's meant to be a Christmas present, and it looks like I may be lending my SB3 out until it arrives :( I'll have to hunt out some of those old silver discs...

radish
2006-12-20, 07:22
A good move, and I wish I'd done the same now. I've had one on order (UK) now since the end of November and every time I've called the shipment is 'next week'.

The worst bit is that it's meant to be a Christmas present, and it looks like I may be lending my SB3 out until it arrives :( I'll have to hunt out some of those old silver discs...

You've still got time - order from Slimdevices with express shipping and I'll bet they can get it to you before Christmas. Just cancel the other order...

Wonko
2006-12-20, 09:28
You've still got time - order from Slimdevices with express shipping and I'll bet they can get it to you before Christmas. Just cancel the other order...

Good thought, thanks. At this point though I might be swapping one 'maybe' for another (plus hassle if I cancel and buy from the US). I've been told by the place I ordered it from that they should be getting them from the UK distributor either today or tomorrow, so if it's despatched tomorrow I might be OK. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it arrived after Xmas - we'll probably be out a lot with limited time to listen to music anyway.