PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Plugin Does it display track and artist info?

dgstrat
2006-12-17, 10:00
I just started using the Sirius plugin. Thanks a lot, Greg! I thought my Squeezebox was displaying artst and track info the first time I tried this. I can't get that info displayed anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Darren

stellmsm
2006-12-17, 12:55
I'm experiencing the very same problems from my current set up. I can log into these services without error, enumerate the channel listings - but when it comes to "play" it just sits there connecting......

I've upped the timeout error on the slimserver side. One COULD be led to believe that SLIM devices is shedding it's OPEN SOURCE nature, but compelling users to go through SQUEEZENETWORK. There it is not problem for LIVE 365 (unfortunately it is not MY account).

ANYONE OUT THERE know how to fix this?

Slimeserver 6.5.0 (I could not find 6.5.1)
Squeezebox3 - FW ver 64

Marc Sherman
2006-12-17, 13:05
stellmsm wrote:
>
> I've upped the timeout error on the slimserver side. One COULD be
> led to believe that SLIM devices is shedding it's OPEN SOURCE nature,
> but compelling users to go through SQUEEZENETWORK. There it is not
> problem for LIVE 365 (unfortunately it is not MY account).

What are you TALKING about?

- Marc

Mark Miksis
2006-12-17, 13:24
I just started using the Sirius plugin. Thanks a lot, Greg! I thought my Squeezebox was displaying artst and track info the first time I tried this. I can't get that info displayed anymore. Any ideas?
I don't use the Sirius plugin that often, but FWIW I think you're right. I can confirm that I do not see artist/track info either on the SB or in the "extended view" web page. I *think* it used to be there...

Mark Miksis
2006-12-17, 13:27
I'm experiencing the very same problems from my current set up.
Really? This sounds completely different and unrelated to me...

I can log into these services without error, enumerate the channel listings - but when it comes to "play" it just sits there connecting......
If you're referring to Sirius, did you follow the instructions on the Sirius Plugin website about disabling built-in WMA?

I've upped the timeout error on the slimserver side. One COULD be led to believe that SLIM devices is shedding it's OPEN SOURCE nature, but compelling users to go through SQUEEZENETWORK. There it is not problem for LIVE 365 (unfortunately it is not MY account).
What does Squeezenetwork have to do with the Sirius plugin?

GoCubs
2006-12-17, 15:57

I don't use the Sirius plugin that often, but FWIW I think you're right. I can confirm that I do not see artist/track info either on the SB or in the "extended view" web page. I *think* it used to be there...

Hey guys-

The plugin retrieves song/artist info from parsing web sites that publish the info. These sites are run by third parties and they often go down or get lagged. Because of this the plugin offers the choice of 3 different web sites to get the info from. I personally prefer "dogstarradio.com" as it seems to update the most frequently and as I write this message it's up and working fine. You can select dogstar by going into Server Settings -> Internet Radio and choosing it under the "Title Source" dropdown of the Sirius Plugin.

-Greg

JMW
2006-12-17, 18:53
Greg:

Does the Sirius plug-in work best with Slim Server 6.3 vs 6.5.1?

Thanks.

GoCubs
2006-12-17, 20:52
Does the Sirius plug-in work best with Slim Server 6.3 vs 6.5.1?

A bit back some people seemed to have issues with 6.5.1 nightlies not working well when playing Sirius to multiple synced players. I'm not sure if it was corrected in a subsequent nightly but I've been running a recent 6.5.1 nightly at home with multiple synced players pretty reliably even with the high bit rate streams. Overall in my set up I find the plugin works great with 6.5.1, however, I'm sure there are people that will claim differently. There are a lot of variables at play (Internet connection, wireless strength, server capacity, etc.).

-Greg

Mark Miksis
2006-12-18, 10:07
The plugin retrieves song/artist info from parsing web sites that publish the info. These sites are run by third parties and they often go down or get lagged. Because of this the plugin offers the choice of 3 different web sites to get the info from. I personally prefer "dogstarradio.com" as it seems to update the most frequently and as I write this message it's up and working fine. You can select dogstar by going into Server Settings -> Internet Radio and choosing it under the "Title Source" dropdown of the Sirius Plugin.

Thanks Greg. I've switched to dogstarradio and it works great.

dgstrat
2006-12-19, 13:42
Thanks for your help, Greg.