PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh!!! No Sound! Need Help!

ezkcdude
2006-12-12, 22:25
So, I was casing up my DAC finally, and something went horribly wrong, but I'm not sure what. I have been using the coaxial digital output for over a year. I think I screwed up the power supply on my DAC by switching the polarity, and so that explained why I wasn't getting sound from it. In the meantime, I figured I would switch back to the analog output from the SqueezeBox, but now that's not working either. I have no idea why the analog outputs would be affected. Is it possible that because I haven't used them in so long, it's a problem? I went into SlimServer and checked the attenuation, and that seems to be o.k. (set to 0). I'm confused and depressed, because now I have no music for the first time in a long time. Somebody, help me!

radish
2006-12-13, 07:47
I assume the volume is up high? Have you tried the headphone socket?

Skunk
2006-12-13, 08:18
Are you using the 63db attenuation?

edit: oops, i saw you checked.

Ramage
2006-12-13, 08:32
I lost my analogue output once - I had to reload the firmware to get it back. It's never happened since (touchwood).

ezkcdude
2006-12-13, 08:36
I upgraded the firmware, too, but it still was not coming out. I went back to my Derek Shek DAC for now, and that is working. I'll check again tonight.

Mark Lanctot
2006-12-13, 15:01
Reprogram Xilinx? (Press and hold "1" while power-cycling.)

It's not as drastic as a factory reset, which reprograms the Xilinx anyway if I'm not mistaken, and the Xilinx handles a lot of the audio processing. Plus you won't have to re-enter your WPA password.