PDA

View Full Version : Server stops on its own

Kyle
2006-12-10, 19:58
I've been having some problems lately with the server simply stopping in the middle of a song. I have to go to my computer and restart the server, hit play, and then the music continues. This has happened about 5 times today. Music may play for an hour or more between incidents. Yesterday, the mac address on my SB3 became corrupt and had to be reset to the correct address. I don't know if these problems are related or not.

Mark Lanctot
2006-12-10, 21:31
What OS? What SlimServer version?

If it's Windows, anything in the Windows Event Viewer?

Kyle
2006-12-11, 07:23
Slimserver 6.5. Windows XP. I haven't checked the Windows Event Viewer. I'm afraid I don't even know where that is.

Mark Lanctot
2006-12-11, 14:47
I haven't checked the Windows Event Viewer. I'm afraid I don't even know where that is.

Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer.

I move Adminstrative Tools around from default, so I may be mistaken. It could be in Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools by default.

You ought to also be able to invoke it from a command prompt or Start - Run but I don't know what the command is.

ceejay
2006-12-11, 14:50
Slimserver 6.5. Windows XP. I haven't checked the Windows Event Viewer. I'm afraid I don't even know where that is.

Control Panel - Admin Tools - Event Viewer - Application

You'll see a long list events look for a recent one that looks relevant and double click to see the details.

HTH

Ceejay

jonheal
2006-12-12, 06:53
look for red Xs in the Event Log.

Maybe your virus scanner is killing MySQL. That appears to be a prevalent problem with 6.5+

(So, you decided not to back off to 6.3.1?)

Kyle
2006-12-12, 07:47
Actually, I installed 6.3.1 last night. So far, so good.