PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Kyle
2006-12-08, 15:59
I downgraded from 6.5 to 6.3 because 6.5 wasn't beginning to play at power up. Today, the SB has been stopping by itself, and for the second time in the last few days, the display has looked like the picture below. I don't know if I have a software problem or a player problem. Has anyone else seen this?

Mark Lanctot
2006-12-08, 20:39
Looks like a hardware failure?

Contact support.

jonheal
2006-12-09, 03:56
Your firmware may be hosed. Try backing way off, to say, version 6.2. Then try upgrading to 6.3.1.

My firmware has become hosed twice. In both cases, it took me a couple of hours to get it working again, so don't expect a painless process.

Here's one of my expreiences:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22096

Amauta
2006-12-09, 05:47
I have seen this a long time ago. A corrupted FLAC file caused this. At the time the MAC address had changed too. Pulling the powerconnector and reboot was the solution. The MAC address I needed to change manually. Does your display show the same thing after reboot?

Kyle
2006-12-09, 07:06
I got things working again by powering off and then on. It seemed to work fine for awhile, but now it is not working at all. When I power up, it sees my network but cannot connect to it. I have tried reinstalling the software, but with no connection to the network, I can't tell if that has done any good.

EDIT: I have done a factory reset, and the unit still sees my network but cannot connect. Is there anything I else I can try?

Amauta
2006-12-09, 08:30
If you have a MAC address filter in your network, check if your MAC is the same as writen on your squeezebox.

Keep the left button pressed for a while until you see squeezebox setup. Then browse to current settings. Then browse to MAC address. If your MAC has changed you can change it back by using the right button.

I hope this helps you out.

Kyle
2006-12-09, 10:54
I don't have any filtering enabled.

jonheal
2006-12-09, 13:00
I got things working again by powering off and then on. It seemed to work fine for awhile, but now it is not working at all. When I power up, it sees my network but cannot connect to it. I have tried reinstalling the software, but with no connection to the network, I can't tell if that has done any good.

EDIT: I have done a factory reset, and the unit still sees my network but cannot connect. Is there anything I else I can try?

Kyle,

My SB3 also lost contact with SlimServer when the firmware became corrupt. I know this sounds like voodoo nonsense, but unplug both the SqueezeBox AND your router for ten minutes before attempting to connect again. Again, I recommend uninstalling everything and backing off to 6.2 before attempting to install 6.3.1.

From my experience, the factory reset doesn't do squat.

Greg Erskine
2006-12-09, 14:45
Kyle,

....I know this sounds like voodoo nonsense, but unplug both the SqueezeBox AND your router for ten minutes before attempting to connect again.....

I find 15 minutes better and have a cup of coffee. :)

This technique fixes lots of network "timing" issues, or at worst gives you a break to relax and think about the problem.

regards

richidoo
2006-12-09, 15:32
Looks like a scene from "Contact". Maybe your SB is trying to tell you something, like how to time travel?

Kyle
2006-12-09, 16:57
The voodoo didn't work. I am getting no connection to the network at all. It sees my network, but when I try to connect, the timer just ticks down to zero. I've been using this setup for nearly a year with no problems. I've changed no settings on my network. Is there anything else to try?

tomjtx
2006-12-09, 17:08
Looks like a scene from "Contact". Maybe your SB is trying to tell you something, like how to time travel?

That is actually the sneezebox logo in the 3rd brane

Pale Blue Ego
2006-12-09, 20:30
I thought it looked like one of the song titles from Eno's "Music For Airports".

Amauta
2006-12-10, 03:17
You where all right! Must think 3D!