PDA

View Full Version : browse music folder

vain4
2006-12-06, 09:34
recently i upgraded to 6.5 with much success. however i did notice today that the "browse music folder" seems to be missing. did this get removed in 6.5 or do i need to do something special to have that option available in the remote. i checked the menu options for the player but i dont even see it listed there either.

slimpy
2006-12-06, 09:56
It's a submenu under "Browse" now.

-s.

Ben Sandee
2006-12-06, 10:08
On 12/6/06, vain4 <vain4.2iekgb1165422901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> recently i upgraded to 6.5 with much success. however i did notice
> today that the "browse music folder" seems to be missing. did this get
> removed in 6.5 or do i need to do something special to have that option
> available in the remote. i checked the menu options for the player but
> i dont even see it listed there either.

I see it listed under Player Settings->Menus (dropdown). It is under
'Inactive menu items', and called "Music Folder". It's also always
available from the general 'Browse', as slimpy mentioned.

Ben

vain4
2006-12-06, 11:16
i didn't see it as a submenu under browse and i don't see it in the settings menu either. maybe i should try 6.5.1?

is there a way i can get the music folder back in 6.5 without installing 6.5.1 evrything seems to be fine other than that menu item missing.

erland
2006-12-06, 11:30
i didn't see it as a submenu under browse and i don't see it in the settings menu either. maybe i should try 6.5.1?

is there a way i can get the music folder back in 6.5 without installing 6.5.1 evrything seems to be fine other than that menu item missing.I am running the official 6.5.0 release and the "Music Folder" menu exists below the "Browse" menu, so you shouldn't need 6.5.1 to get this to work.

georgem
2006-12-06, 13:28

is there a way i can get the music folder back in 6.5 without installing 6.5.1 evrything seems to be fine other than that menu item missing.
make sure that you have specified location for music files. I think "browse folders" does not show until you do that.

vain4
2006-12-07, 04:36
make sure that you have specified location for music files. I think "browse folders" does not show until you do that.

thanks!, that did the trick.