PDA

View Full Version : Auto-disconnect

Coffee
2006-12-05, 16:46
Is there an auto-disconnect time out 'feature' in SB3 when listening to internet radio? I find that my connection stops after several minutes but sometimes can last a few hours. If I press 'play', the connection is re-established.

bergek
2006-12-05, 17:33
Could it be that your Internet connection is not 100% stable? You could leave a ping running and notice if the pings begin to time out at the same time as the radio streaming stops.

To do this, open a Command Shell (assuming Windows - Start -> Run... -> 'cmd' + Enter). Type 'ping -t www.mit.edu'.

Coffee
2006-12-05, 18:51
Could it be that your Internet connection is not 100% stable? You could leave a ping running and notice if the pings begin to time out at the same time as the radio streaming stops.

To do this, open a Command Shell (assuming Windows - Start -> Run... -> 'cmd' + Enter). Type 'ping -t www.mit.edu'.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried ping. There were some occassional dropouts, but never a continuous stream.

Also, sometimes it's not just that the connection was dropped, but the SB reboots itself! The connect duration is random. As I type this, my connection has been on for over 15 minutes. Other times the connection is dropped or the SB reboots in as little as 5 minutes.