PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer fails on Varius Artists

rapp
2006-12-05, 12:40
Hi, I am using SlimServer 6.5.0 and it has been working perfectly for a long time.

Yesterday I ripped some Various Artists compilations, where I set the actual artist as artist and Various Artists as album artist in the flac tags using Mp3tag. Then after rescanning my music library Various Artists shows up in the artists list. BUT when selecting Various Artists the Slim Server lists every single album in my entire library. Then selecting one of those albums, the Slim Server says 0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists...

What Have I done wrong? Is there some setting in the server? Is there some tag in the flac file? Or is it a bug?

I am most thankful for any help!

Regards Geir Ove

JJZolx
2006-12-05, 12:49
Hi, I am using SlimServer 6.5.0 and it has been working perfectly for a long time.

Yesterday I ripped some Various Artists compilations, where I set the actual artist as artist and Various Artists as album artist in the flac tags using Mp3tag. Then after rescanning my music library Various Artists shows up in the artists list. BUT when selecting Various Artists the Slim Server lists every single album in my entire library. Then selecting one of those albums, the Slim Server says 0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists...

What Have I done wrong? Is there some setting in the server? Is there some tag in the flac file? Or is it a bug?

I am most thankful for any help!
Download and install the latest nightly release of the SlimServer 6.5.1 beta software. 6.5.0 is _very_ buggy. Make sure all the tracks are in the same folder. Add a COMPILATION tag to each track in the album:

COMPILATION=1

rapp
2006-12-05, 14:16
Thanks, setting the COMPILATION=1 helped. It removed most of the other albums from the list. But I still see that SlimServer claims that albums with several artists (like live concerts with guest artists) also have the Compilation: Yes even if this tag isn't set... no big deal, just strange.

Regards Geir Ove

ceejay
2006-12-05, 15:30
Thanks, setting the COMPILATION=1 helped. It removed most of the other albums from the list. But I still see that SlimServer claims that albums with several artists (like live concerts with guest artists) also have the Compilation: Yes even if this tag isn't set... no big deal, just strange.

Regards Geir Ove

COMPILATION=1 isn't (shouldn't be) needed if the albums each have their own directory. I don't have cOMPILATION tags on any of mine, and SS works it out fine. However there seem to be some odd cases where this doesn't work, which is why adding the COMPILATION tags is a good idea - if SS sees those then it KNOWS that these are to be treated as such...

Ceejay

JJZolx
2006-12-05, 15:34
Yes, SlimServer will still detect this as a compilation since the tracks are in the same folder and the artist lineups differ. Try setting an ALBUMARTIST for these albums with guest artists. Explicitly setting COMPILATION=0 may also help.