Plugin to save current radio song's info?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimj
    • Feb 2006

Plugin to save current radio song's info?

Is there a plugin that would allow me to save the currently playing streaming radio song's info (artist, title, etc.) to a text file? I primarily use my Squeezebox to listen to streaming Internet radio stations. Occasionally I'll hear a song that I really like. I then write down the song's artist and title, so that I can look up more info about it, buy the CD, etc. later. When I hear a good song I would like to be able to:
    1. Using the remote press the right arrow button and then have a menu item to "save song info", much like you can add to favorites now.
    2. When you select this magical "save song info" menu item the slimserver would append to a text file the currently playing song's artist, title, etc.

Then I could periodically check this file and have a complete list of all the good music I want to research. Does something like this exist?
  • twylie
    • Jul 2005

reviving this as my office squeezebox stays tuned to internet radio during the day and there are often tracks I hear that I'd like to remember/research/buy. A plugin such as this would be extremely useful for this scenario and doesn't seem like it would be very complex.

TIA

-twylie
    Synology DS-1010+ -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> Classe CAM 350s -> Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen III
    Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Mark Levinson 380 -> nuforce 8Bs -> Audio Physic Sparks
    Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Russound CAV6.6 and CAM6.6 -> whole house audio
    Thecus N5200 -> SliMP3 as a desk clock/thermometer :-)

Comment

Working...