PDA

View Full Version : v6.5 SBII skipping, pops

mgerbasio
2006-11-29, 18:08
Hi,
I have a SBI and SBII connected to a linux box running v6.5. The SBI is connected via ethernet and working fine; the SBII is connected via 802.11b wlan. Using flac encoded music. I have a good signal to the SBII (71%) and never had problems. I haven't used the SBII in a while and when I started to play music recently, I had a lot of pops, skipping (actually it sounds like the music starts and stops). I'm using the optical output. So I figured it has to be the wireless, for whatever reason, is acting up.
I ran a cable to the box and I'm still have the same problem. The SBI is working fine on the same network. SBII is updated to the latest firmware loaded with 6.5.

Any idea what might be causing the problem or what I can look for to find out why playback isn't clean? TIA.
Regards-Michael G.

mgerbasio
2006-11-30, 14:59
I checked the analog outputs today and they sound fine. Went back to the optical out and still doesn't sound good. Anyone else having problems?

Regards-Michael G.

azinck3
2006-11-30, 15:21
I checked the analog outputs today and they sound fine. Went back to the optical out and still doesn't sound good. Anyone else having problems?

Regards-Michael G.

Nope. You might try another cable. And does your DAC behave properly with other devices on the same input?