PDA

View Full Version : 6.5.1has mind of its own

fatfred
2006-11-29, 00:41
Having an issue with songs being added to playlist without any input. I have reinstalled into a fresh directory and when I check seemingly random songs from th database are appearing in the playlist. Ideas appreciated.

fatfred
2006-11-29, 01:27
My server details are below

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10763 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.3
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

The problem has seemed to come out of nowhere. And the seemingly random songs appear at anytime. On ocasion 1 song randownly appears replacing 3 or four on th list.

mherger
2006-11-29, 01:36
> The problem has seemed to come out of nowhere. And the seemingly random
> songs appear at anytime. On ocasion 1 song randownly appears replacing 3
> or four on th list.

You don't use your squeezebox from the office (or anywhere else outside
your home), do you?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

ceejay
2006-11-29, 01:39
Do you hacve a browser window open and connected to slimserver? If so, which skin? Have you tried changing the skin to see if it makes a difference?

Ceejay

fatfred
2006-11-29, 10:55
>
You don't use your squeezebox from the office (or anywhere else outside
your home), do you?

--
Michael

Yes I have used this with a dynamic ip being updated through dyndns. I have reset security against this and have stopped the refresh service on the music server in the meantime.

I don't believe there is any residual session or hacker(lol paranoia)involved.

The squeeze box seems to operating strangley. I powered it off using the remote only to find it restart it self less than a minute later.

I have just been listening to an internet radio station only to have my playlist filled with a playlist containing my entire library 6000 songs.

not sure where to take this could rebuild server but possibly
squeezebox or remote fault?

Thanks Dave

fatfred
2006-11-29, 11:05
Do you hacve a browser window open and connected to slimserver? If so, which skin? Have you tried changing the skin to see if it makes a difference?

Ceejay

appreciate help Ceejay. The browser is open and I have changed from default to fish bone.

I have reset the Squeezbox to factory settings and am using latest
firmware and nightly. The issue started with what had been a stable
version.

The remote seems to work correctly navigating to library resources and establishing there playing.
Infact now have cleared remote as removed batteries and prob persists

have depowered squeezeboz to see if server related will update on this later.

There is no consistent time between the start of the song/stream and its random replacement from something else in the library. I am scratching my head.

dave

mherger
2006-11-29, 11:07
> I don't believe there is any residual session or hacker(lol
> paranoia)involved.

Just be sure you check your router's/firewall's settings. :-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

Gregory Hamilton
2006-11-29, 11:38
If port 9000 is exposed, someone from the outside can change your music
selection.

ModelCitizen
2006-11-29, 11:46
What is your dyn dns address?
This'll make it pretty quick to figure out if it's a security issue.
:-)
MC

ceejay
2006-11-29, 16:06
Might be interesting to completely disconnect from the internet (unplug!) and play some local music. That would eliminate external issues for sure.

I did once have similar symptoms with a version of slimremote running on a handheld, though that was fixed by a later version.

Assuming you are not using slimremote, I am wondering if some odd browser behaviour is causing commands to be issued to slimserver.

There are probably some debug options you could turn on to get some clues as to what is causing stuff to be added to the playlist, but I'm not very familiar with what each option does...

Ceejay

fatfred
2006-11-30, 10:44
diagnostic trail

not remote batteries removed
not player off network

server restarted and looked at security which I may have foolishly left open for demo or in rebuild from scratch.
Thought I had changed the password but on your advice relooked from external and seemed this was open ie could see server without password request.
In trying to re secure this perhaps I was being probed or having some program attempt further intrusion because password reseting was hard to complete possibly server requests happening before confirmation.

There was also two i.p based players that I asked slimserver to forget (these had external addresses)

The server has been stable for about 15 hrs now.

I'm thinking a program or bot based intrusion may have been the cause and my naivety was given a small shake up by some of your comments. Thanks to Ceejay, Model Citizen who checked after securing, Michael Herger (slim cd was fast becoming a rebuild option)

life without music - and my beloved SB2 is not an option
IT would have bee interesting to see what may have manifested on the two screens of the transporter.