PDA

View Full Version : What?? No holiday super sale? :)

jmpage2
2006-11-27, 13:16
Come on SD guys, even Amazon.com gave away 1000 Xbox 360's for $100. You guys seriously need to have a holiday sale and I'm not talking about that buy 2 and get $100 off crap (J/K)!!

:)

We need a big sale on SB3 before the new ones that are branded "Logitech" start to ship out.

:P

And there better be a free pony too, damnit!

kanoot
2006-11-27, 16:40
I'm waiting for the transporter fire sale - one that doesn't include another SB3.

Maybe I'll wait till Logitech screws the pooch and pick up a used one on ebay.

kdf
2006-11-27, 17:18
Quoting kanoot <kanoot.2hygcz1164671101 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I'm waiting for the transporter fire sale - one that doesn't include
> another SB3.

It has been stated before by SD that when that deal runs out, the
price is the same. Consider the SB3 as the free bonus, rather than a
package deal. You can always sell it off for some offset to the cost.
That, or wait for the inevitable price drops over time.

> Maybe I'll wait till Logitech screws the pooch and pick up a used one
> on ebay.

yup, that's positive thinking.

-kdf

Skunk
2006-11-27, 18:35
If the Transporter were to get cheaper, the SB1 would have to be selling for $99 by now. They'll just put the AK439_X_ and probably bump the price up $200... (wild speculation)

richidoo
2006-11-27, 19:03
Perceived value of Transporter is rising like a rocket. There are no major reviews published yet to drive sales from standard issue hifi nuts and hardly anyone in the high end community knows about it. Audiophiles are just getting up to speed with SB which is hitting its publicity peak now after several years in the market. Transporter will come on much faster because of its little brother, but there will be no deals until all the low fruit is picked. No one yet knows whether the TP will be a business success, and there won't be deals before that is learned. But if it is a success strong demand will kill any chance for price breaks. I hope that happens! More network music products and goodies from slim in the future. Sales promotions at this point would be a very bad sign!
Rich

Bradley
2006-11-27, 19:50
Why not a repeat of the "Buy 2 SB3's, get $100 off" Or how about "Buy Three , get One Free?"

Sign me up for either of these. My CC is ready!

notanatheist
2006-11-27, 21:11
Heck, buy 3 get 1 free would have my plastic out in a flash though I'd settle for $100 off two.

jjazz
2006-11-28, 06:10
I would buy several today if either of those deals showed up.

Fifer
2006-11-28, 06:21
Why would they cut the Transporter price when there are still pre-launch orders outstanding?