PDA

View Full Version : Fast forward podcast - is it possible?

bergek
2006-11-25, 10:07
The title says it all. My wife is fond of listening to podcasts but on a number of occassions the streaming has been broken when resuming after having been paused. It would be good to be able to fast forward to the place where one stopped listening (or, even better, that Slimserver remembered where one left off and offered the opportunity to resume).

Maybe it is possible and I am just stupid.

richidoo
2006-11-25, 16:18
Any file should be able to FF by holding down the advance key (two arrows pointing right). If you press it quickly it advances to next track. Hold it down long enough and it will just FF. It will first go to 2X forward speed, playing blips of sound between jumps. If you hold it down again it will jump to 4x, 8x, etc. with each successive hold-down. Press play to make it play linearly again.

That's the only way I know to FF... hope it works for you!
Rich

bergek
2006-11-25, 16:52
Any file should be able to FF by holding down the advance key (two arrows pointing right).

Nope.

Obviously, that was my first guess as well. Works fine for all local files but not for podcasts. I tested the default podcasts just to be certain that there wasn't anything particular about the podcasts I was listening to.

smc2911
2007-01-03, 14:31
Have a look at this recent thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31118