PDA

View Full Version : Support problems

Pétur
2006-11-23, 14:03
Can somebody from SlimDevices contact me. All mails I try to send to support@slimdevices.com bounce with following error:

-----------------------------
This is the mail system at host files.corp.slimdevices.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<ticketmaestro@files.corp.slimdevices.com>: Command died with status 2:
"/www/ticketmaestro.corp.slimdevices.com/bin/email-gateway". Command
output: Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp at
/www/ticketmaestro.corp.slimdevices.com/bin/email-gateway line 57, <STDIN>
line 114. Can't create duplicate file:
[/tmp/duplicates/!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAL/RUx4DXo02XAs75rI/mscKAAAAQAAAAuegSRXtnBkiBl6fgSbZR2AEAAAAA@telenet. be]
at /www/ticketmaestro.corp.slimdevices.com/bin/email-gateway line 676,
<STDIN> line 114.
---------------------

And I really would like to know if my SB2 arrived, what's wrong, what it will cost me and when I'll have it back. I love my SB2 but I'm getting a headache from support and I've lost my trust in the build quality too: it was ONLY 1.5 years old (18 APR 2005) and out-of warranty. DAMN I shouldn't have reseated the cpu board myself when it was still in warranty and just sent it back and ask a new one.

SuperQ
2006-11-23, 20:14
Can somebody from SlimDevices contact me. All mails I try to send to support@slimdevices.com bounce with following error:

ouch.. that's no fun.. today is a US holiday, and most places are closed on friday. You might not hear anything till monday.

Pétur
2006-11-27, 02:17
shameless posting bump

*looks at SD support*

kdf
2006-11-27, 02:22
Pétur wrote:
> shameless posting bump
>
> *looks at SD support*
>
>
>
I'm guessing you haven't noticed that it is a holiday weekend. not to
mention, this isn't how you get in touch wth support directly. If you
want their attention here, you have to wait.
-kdf

Pétur
2006-11-27, 11:50
I'm guessing you haven't noticed that it is a holiday weekend. not to
mention, this isn't how you get in touch wth support directly. If you
want their attention here, you have to wait.
-kdf

Well I was under the impression the weekend would end on monday (it usually does here in Europe)

And I'm going this way because my mails to support@ bounce (see my first post). So what else can I do? I sent them my SB2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything from them. SD has dropped low in my view. Sorry but I'm quite pissed at them atm. I don't expect 'high quality' gear to break down in less than 2 years :( Even cheap electronics brands here give 3 years warranty anyway :p

SUPPORT if you read this: please contact me using a working email address. It's regarding RMA-TMID 13150

kdf
2006-11-27, 12:06
Quoting Pétur <Ptur.2hy2xn1164653701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> kdf;157750 Wrote:
>> I'm guessing you haven't noticed that it is a holiday weekend. not to
>> mention, this isn't how you get in touch wth support directly. If you
>> want their attention here, you have to wait.
>> -kdf
>
> Well I was under the impression the weekend would end on monday (it
> usually does here in Europe)

true, but your last post was only monday in Europe. California is a
good 8 or 9 hours earlier than you, so the business day wouldn't have
started.

-kdf

kevin
2006-11-27, 13:25
And I really would like to know if my SB2 arrived, what's wrong, what it will cost me and when I'll have it back. I love my SB2 but I'm getting a headache from support and I've lost my trust in the build quality too: it was ONLY 1.5 years old (18 APR 2005) and out-of warranty. DAMN I shouldn't have reseated the cpu board myself when it was still in warranty and just sent it back and ask a new one.

It looks like we have fixed the problem with the ticket tracking system. As far as the other details go, we just received your player about a half hour ago, but we will follow up shortly with more information.

Pétur
2006-11-27, 14:28
thanks Kevin!