PDA

View Full Version : Dots

richidoo
2006-11-23, 08:52
Sorry for the off topic question. Does anyone know what the small round dot next to the post author's name means. Sometimes it is green, sometimes gray. It changes each day for the same person. Loose wire? Behavior monitor, good boy, bad boy?
Thank you!
Rich

Edit: It is online status. DUH!! Just read the popup help. Sometimes mine is green, sometimes gray, so maybe there is a loose wire.
Happy TG

Siduhe
2006-11-23, 08:55
I always assumed it was green if you are logged in and browsing the forums, grey if you're not [but I have no actual knowledge to base that assumption on...] ?

azinck3
2006-11-23, 09:04
Edit: It is online status. DUH!! Just read the popup help. Sometimes mine is green, sometimes gray, so maybe there is a loose wire.
Happy TG

You have to be logged in for it to know you're online. So you're probably either not logged in when you see it as grey, or you could be viewing a cached version of the page from before you logged in.

adamslim
2006-11-23, 09:13
Edit: It is online status. DUH!! Just read the popup help.

It's great that you can ask questions and get them answered so easily, but one of the worrying things about the internet is how it then stays there. For ever. Your great-grandkids will be able to look up how many really dumb questions you asked back in the olden days. It's kinda worrying ;)

tyler_durden
2006-11-23, 09:55
It's great that you can ask questions and get them answered so easily, but one of the worrying things about the internet is how it then stays there. For ever. Your great-grandkids will be able to look up how many really dumb questions you asked back in the olden days. It's kinda worrying ;)

That's why we use aliases...

TD