PDA

View Full Version : How to stream Liquid Compass radio (www.947.fm)?

queequeg99
2006-11-22, 07:41
Does anyone know of any easy way to listen to Liquid Compass streams on a Squeezebox v3? I am specifically interested in Portland's KNRK (www.947.fm). I found an ancient threat that addressed this issue with indie103.fm. I was able to replicate that solution for that radio station but I have not been able to intuitively modify the solution to fit my needs. I have asked for assistance from the Liquid Compass people but have not received any response.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

atlslim
2006-11-22, 10:40
paste the following into Tune in URL via web interface:

mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/KNRK

Good Luck - works for me!

queequeg99
2006-11-22, 10:48
paste the following into Tune in URL via web interface:

mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/KNRK

Good Luck - works for me!

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home. In the meantime, is there any method for determining the correct URL for different stations? For example, in the older post, the correct URL for indie103 was:

mms://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/indie103/.wma

I used this as a starting point and tried replacing "indie103" with "KNRK." This didn't work. The URL you posted includes more differences that just the station identification so I'm wondering if there is some information I can glean from the streaming link at any given station to determine what the correct URL is.

Mark Lanctot
2006-11-22, 11:16
In the meantime, is there any method for determining the correct URL for different stations? For example, in the older post, the correct URL for indie103 was:

mms://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/indie103/.wma

I used this as a starting point and tried replacing "indie103" with "KNRK." This didn't work. The URL you posted includes more differences that just the station identification so I'm wondering if there is some information I can glean from the streaming link at any given station to determine what the correct URL is.

Try URL Snooper (http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/).

queequeg99
2006-11-22, 23:07
Try URL Snooper (http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/).

Thanks. I tried that program and I couldn't get the URL suggested above (which, by the way, did work). Instead, I got the following:

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/entercom/asx/streamasx_KNRK.asx

which does not work.

I was able to use URL Snooper to get the proper URL for the stream of opb.org (local NPR affiliate).

So it looks like URL Snooper is a good tool but is not a complete tool. Any additional suggestions?

bpa
2006-11-23, 01:00
I think you may have some other issue because the asx URL you posted above works fine on my SB3 with SS 6.5.1

queequeg99
2006-11-23, 09:19
I think you may have some other issue because the asx URL you posted above works fine on my SB3 with SS 6.5.1

You're right. I was using SS 6.5.0 (downloaded this week when I got my SB3). I updated to 6.5.1 and the link works fine. Thanks.

TunedIn
2007-01-03, 22:52

Should this url work with the Favorites feature of SqueezeNetwork?

Emperor Wu
2007-10-31, 23:57
I very much appreciate the help. I just added KNRK's HD feed (only bands local to the Pacific north west) after doing some URL Snooping.