PDA

View Full Version : Crashess with 6.5.0

drs
2006-11-21, 02:35
I "upgraded" slimserver to 6.5.0, and ever since have had a multitude of problems.
- slimserver itself fails to start and requires a reboot of the computer to do so. starint it from the services panel says it started, but it fails to run.
- I seem to be getting transmission errors when playing that result in loud high pitched squeels (this is using an external DAC)
- the squeezebox crashes regularly requiring it be power cycled. It always crashes during the first song or two, and once it gets over thet hump seems to work fine.

This is with a squeezebox3 and XP. Most files are flac.

any thoughts on what to do? are these known issues? Everything worked fine before the upgrade.

ceejay
2006-11-21, 07:47
1 - make sure you have *completely* removed old versions of SS

2 - download and install a 6.5.1 nightly, it fixes several bugs in 6.5.0

3 - make sure you have upgraded any plugins you may be using to the latest versions 9better still start off without any added plugins and add them once you have SS installed and working nicely)

Ceejay

drs
2006-11-25, 01:34
I completely removed 6.5.0 and installed 6.5.1. It won't even start -- or rather, it starts and then quickly dies.

I found that 6.5.0 will start if I boot the computer, log in, then reboot it, so I reverted the computer to where it was. Is there somewhere to look for an error log?

I never had any issues with 6.2.1, and I may just downgrade to it unless there is some reason not to.

kdf
2006-11-25, 01:38
drs wrote:
> Is there
> somewhere to look for an error log?
>
control panel->administration tools->event viewer

drs
2006-11-25, 02:26
drs wrote:
> Is there
> somewhere to look for an error log?
>
control panel->administration tools->event viewer

It says the following:

The SlimServer service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

ceejay
2006-11-25, 11:02
Make sure you don't have any old plugins hanging around. Then try starting slimserver from a command prompt and see what messages you get there...

Ceejay