PDA

View Full Version : v6.5 incomplete library scan & error

Adlopa
2006-11-20, 11:45
I've just set up a new Windows PC running SlimServer_6.5_v2006-11-18 and it's failing to completely scan the music library (now held on a NAS -- it was kept locally on the old PC previously).

A trace on the scan brings up the following highlights:

2006-11-20 18:25:07.9311 ERROR: Error executing 'INSERT INTO years (id) VALUES (?)': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1 at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.

and:

2006-11-20 18:25:29.5054 ERROR: Scanner: Failed when running main scan: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'INSERT INTO years (id) VALUES (?)': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1 at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.

I have no idea what's going on here, but it's not the first time the error has appeared (see http://tinyurl.com/ycjvbu). Can anyone shed any light onto the problem..?

eschurr
2006-12-10, 10:26
I am having a similar issue. I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10724 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252 from 11/19/2006 with iTunes 7.0.1.8. Slimserver won't rescan my library -- i've added new songs and new playlists to iTunes and they won't appear in slimserver. I've tried forcing a manual rescan using both "look for new and changed music" and "clear library and rescan everything" but nothing works.

I've noticed that if i watch Task Manager when i force a rescan that the CPU consumption doesn't change, which makes me think the scanner just isn't working at all. Normally the CPU will be consumed at near-full capacity for a number of minutes while it is scanning; now it appears nothing is really happening.

It really hurts to add new music but not be able to get at it to listen to it!

Vrålapan
2006-12-10, 11:44
I have the same problem. If I add a new folder to my music library and rescan nothing happens.

Another thing is that when I change tags or add something in my music folder the folder I changed comes up twice in the "Browse albums" section.

eschurr
2006-12-10, 13:23
Here's some additional data that might be interesting:

when i used to force a rescan, the Slimserver Web UI would contain a "warning" that it was still scanning the library and that some songs or playlists might not yet be shown. Now, when i force a rescan, i don't see that message, which makes me think it is not rescanning.

eschurr
2006-12-10, 13:30
Here's another juicy tidbit:

it appears that my rescanning problems started right after i installed the 11-19-06 build of 6.5.1.

eschurr
2006-12-10, 13:51
More digging, more data, and i think a solution:

Windows Firewall was blocking "scanner.exe" from accessing the Internet. I unblocked it and i think it's now working.

Why does scanner.exe have to access the Internet? Or is it just that it requires network access in case your music files are on a different machine than slimserver?

eschurr
2006-12-10, 14:42
that fixed it.

Mark Lanctot
2006-12-10, 15:37
Glad you fixed it, but:

Why does scanner.exe have to access the Internet?

It doesn't.

Or is it just that it requires network access in case your music files are on a different machine than slimserver?

Much more likely, but if you have file sharing/networking set up in the firewall that should be all you need.

I would think that if you have no files on an external device that it should have worked without Internet access though? Did your firewall say anything about which address scanner.exe was trying to access?

eschurr
2006-12-10, 16:01
I don't recall it saying what address it was trying to scan.

all my files are local on the machine.

eschurr
2006-12-10, 16:04
One more thought:

With a name like "scanner" the software could be oonfused with malware that does ports scans and other malicious types of scanning.

Would be better to call it slimscan or something similar so that it's clearly associated with slimserver.

sterling1989
2006-12-10, 19:41
I've noticed on the 6.5.1 build that I have to tell it 2x to clear and scan library before it will actualy work. First click....just sits there. 2nd click and away it goes. However it sometimes does not find all the music on the first scan. Often I will have to go back and again click 2x and hope it gets it all. This has happened with me on 2 slim servers on 2 seperate pc's.