PDA

View Full Version : Reduce options in Browse Menu?

Deano
2006-11-20, 09:06
Is it possible to reduce the options on the SB3's browse menu, so I can make the browse button on the remote control more functional.

Ideally I would like menu options created by the CustomBrowse plugin only.

(fantastic plugin by the way!)

The plugin can add to the browse menu but not delete.

Is it possble?

Many thanks Dean.

erland
2006-11-20, 09:51
Is it possible to reduce the options on the SB3's browse menu, so I can make the browse button on the remote control more functional.

Ideally I would like menu options created by the CustomBrowse plugin only.

The plugin can add to the browse menu but not delete.

Is it possble?
I don't think it is possible to remove menu entries below the "Browse", I have tried to do it from within the Custom Browse plugin but I didn't get it to work in all situations.

However, there is another solution. You can remove the whole "Browse" menu in the "player settings" in the "Menus" section. When you have done this you can move the "Custom Browse" menu that normally resides in the "Plugins" section to the top menu level and finally you can rename it to "Browse" in the settings page of "Custom Browse. If you still want some of the standard slimserver menus, just add the one you want to Custom Browse by creating new menus of the "Slimserver xxx" menu types.

I'm not sure how to connect the Custom Browse menu to the "Browse" button on the remote. Hopefully someone else can give you an answer how to do this if you don't already know.

I don't think its possible to remove the standard browse menu from the web interface but I'm not sure about this.

kdf
2006-11-20, 10:08
create a new file in the IR folder called custom.map.

add the following to the file:
[common]
browse = menu_PLUGIN.CustomBrowse

save that. Then restart the server, go into player settings for any
player that you want to have using this new mapping. Select Remote
from the pulldown. If you custom.map file has been save in the right
location and is readable permissions for the slimserver user, you'll
now have a pullown for the IR Map. Choose the Custom map and click
change. This should now jump to the custom browse plugin menu when
you press the Browse button. All other functions not defined in the
Custom.map will be called from the Default.map file.

-kdf

Deano
2006-11-20, 16:36
Thank you, this worked perfectly, first time.

I have mapped the browse button on the remote to point directly to the CustomBrowse menu.

Thanks again. If only life were this simple!

Dean.