PDA

View Full Version : XML is killing my SlimServer

hactar
2006-11-19, 09:34
My SlimServer (6.3 - 6.5.1) would shut itself down within 30 mins, with no notice, except for this event.
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Assert_Defined failed: Cache::BaseCache line 194

When I ran it from the command prompt, with no debugging, I got this very obscure Perl error:
Assert_Defined failed: Cache::BaseCache line 194

When I turned on almost all debugging options (except d_select), I noticed that just before it crashed, it did something related to RSS and XML. Sorry, I forgot the precise error, and I don't want to recreate it.

When I turned off both Podcasts and RSS feeds, the problem went away <crossing fingers>.

Note also that when I turned on nearly all the debugging features, my computer actually shut itself down (instantly, not a normal shutdown). This occurred several times while running slim from command-line with all debug parameters on.