PDA

View Full Version : Cant access folder SlimServer on DS-106x

HarryPotter
2006-11-19, 08:17
I installed SSODS (r2b8) and then SlimServer 6.5.1.
Its working (beside that the DS-106x is not going to sleep anymore as long as the power cable on Squeezebox3 is plugged in).

But I cant see the folder SlimServer, not in the DS Web-management and not on ftp or network shares.

How can I make it shown so that for adding plugins I dont have to telnet always the DS?

Thanks

hkfriends
2006-11-19, 08:28
easy...

\\diskstation\SlimServer

HarryPotter
2006-11-19, 11:33
no its not as easy as you think. I know how to connect with shared folders, I can see all folders, but not SLimServer, trying to connect directly as you wrote gives me the message that I dont have permission. But I cant se permissions because the folder isnt show up in the webmanagement, nor via ftp or windowsnetwork. can only be seen and accessed by tlenet (user root)

Well I deinstalled Slimserver now, removed the folder via telnet and recreated the folder via webmanagement of DS-106x, then reinstalled SLimserver. So I have at least read access to it.
For Folder "plugins" i made chmod 777 so I can copy plugins directly.

Maybe not very secure, but who cares....

kai
2006-11-19, 17:11
Whenever I installed SSODS and Slimserver on my DS I first had to restart the DS before the slimserver and SSODS folders became visible.

flipflip
2006-11-20, 13:36
Whenever I installed SSODS and Slimserver on my DS I first had to restart the DS before the slimserver and SSODS folders became visible.

(became visible in the admin interface)

Correct. As written in the manual (of SSODS).

flip