PDA

View Full Version : TCP bug in TP firmware 18?

MrSniffer
2006-11-17, 00:57
I have had many problems playing Sirius streams on my shiny new Transporter. External behavior is "stuttering" sound. I dug out my trusty network analyzer (Wireshark) and took a look at the traffic during one of the hiccups. A small pcap file sample is attached (Zipped).

My quick read on this is a bug in the TCP stack in the transporter (192.168.0.115)

[N.B. 192.168.0.3 is the server, V6.5.0 running on WinXP Media Center Edition 2005 Rollup 2. The server is 802.11g connected; the TPtr is 100Mbs hard wired.]

Is this a known problem? Is there a later version of the FW I can install w/o touching my SlimServer code?

rtitmuss
2006-11-17, 03:03
The TCP stack is identical to the Squeezebox. As this code has been in use now for a long time I would be very surprised if you have discovered a bug.

The pcap file does not seem to be attached, but if you add it I'd be happy to have a look.

Richard

MrSniffer
2006-11-17, 12:09
The TCP stack is identical to the Squeezebox. As this code has been in use now for a long time I would be very surprised if you have discovered a bug.

The pcap file does not seem to be attached, but if you add it I'd be happy to have a look.

Richard

Let me try attaching a zip'd PCAP file again....the TCP retry behavior continues on indefinitely; this is just the first 20 of 1,000s of packets, but I wanted to upload a much smaller file. I can send more if you would like me to.

TIA....

rtitmuss
2006-11-17, 16:03
Well I've had a look at the trace, and to me it looks like you probably have a bad wireless connection. I assume that wireshark was running on the server. It looks like the packets from the server to Transporter are not getting through, which is my you see the Dup Ack's and Retransmissions.

Does it all work if you wire them together? Have you tried other wireless channels, etc. To fully understand what's happening you need to capture the 802.11 wireless frames.

Richard