PDA

View Full Version : Server settings options appearing in player settings dropdown

ModelCitizen
2006-11-16, 04:14
Hello all,
Sporadically over the last three weeks or so my player settings drop down menu is populated with the server's settings items as well as the player items.
Restarting SlimServer sorts it out so it's not too much of a problem but it does seem to have been happening with at least the last four 6.5.1 nightlies I've used so I'm thinking I should report it as a bug.... but am reluctant to unless the problem can be corroborated.
So, has anyone else seen this?
Or, if there is a bug existing for it can someone point me to it so I can add myself to it?

Cheers

MC

Mark Lanctot
2006-11-16, 07:22
Could it be a cacheing problem? (Clear your browser cache?)

It couldn't be left over from 6.3 because 6.3 didn't use a dropdown list.

azinck3
2006-11-16, 07:46
Hello all,
Sporadically over the last three weeks or so my player settings drop down menu is populated with the server's settings items as well as the player items.
Restarting SlimServer sorts it out so it's not too much of a problem but it does seem to have been happening with at least the last four 6.5.1 nightlies I've used so I'm thinking I should report it as a bug.... but am reluctant to unless the problem can be corroborated.
So, has anyone else seen this?
Or, if there is a bug existing for it can someone point me to it so I can add myself to it?

Cheers

MC

I have seen this many times over the past several months. I was hesitant to chime in just because I haven't paid sufficient attention to the specifics of exactly which build I was running and the precise situations in which it has occurred, but I've definitely seen it. You're not crazy.

kdf
2006-11-16, 09:30
I've seen it myself as well, but a refresh always clears it up. It's
not deliberately reproduceable and should be technically impossible
given the code to produce the pulldown. Best guess, somehow the
playerid (not player) is sneaking into some place it shoudln't be. It
is covered by bug 3267 as it has a very large scope already requiring
in a rip up of the existing code for the pulldown.
-kdf

ModelCitizen
2006-11-16, 11:43
It is covered by bug 3267 as it has a very large scope already requiring in a rip up of the existing code for the pulldown. -kdf
I'm sure you're right but to me that bug looks like it's adressing SlimServer set up rather than confusion of information in the drop down between server settings and player settings.
MC

kdf
2006-11-16, 11:55
settings is part of setup. and that bug is what the changes in trunk
are going against, and that is the bug that the rework of the pulldown
is going against.

add your name to the cc if you want, or wait for 7.0
-kdf