X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ModelCitizen
    • May 2005

Server settings options appearing in player settings dropdown

Hello all,
    Sporadically over the last three weeks or so my player settings drop down menu is populated with the server's settings items as well as the player items.
    Restarting SlimServer sorts it out so it's not too much of a problem but it does seem to have been happening with at least the last four 6.5.1 nightlies I've used so I'm thinking I should report it as a bug.... but am reluctant to unless the problem can be corroborated.
    So, has anyone else seen this?
    Or, if there is a bug existing for it can someone point me to it so I can add myself to it?

Cheers

MC
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2006-11-16, 12:01.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.
  • Mark Lanctot
    • Oct 2005

Could it be a cacheing problem? (Clear your browser cache?)

It couldn't be left over from 6.3 because 6.3 didn't use a dropdown list.
    Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

• azinck3
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ModelCitizen
      Hello all,
      Sporadically over the last three weeks or so my player settings drop down menu is populated with the server's settings items as well as the player items.
      Restarting SlimServer sorts it out so it's not too much of a problem but it does seem to have been happening with at least the last four 6.5.1 nightlies I've used so I'm thinking I should report it as a bug.... but am reluctant to unless the problem can be corroborated.
      So, has anyone else seen this?
      Or, if there is a bug existing for it can someone point me to it so I can add myself to it?

Cheers

MC
      I have seen this many times over the past several months. I was hesitant to chime in just because I haven't paid sufficient attention to the specifics of exactly which build I was running and the precise situations in which it has occurred, but I've definitely seen it. You're not crazy.
      1x SB1, 3x SB1g, 1x SB2, 1x SB3, 2x Booms

Comment

• kdf
        NOT a Slim Devices Employee
        • Apr 2005

Re: Server settings options appearing in player settingsdropdown

I've seen it myself as well, but a refresh always clears it up. It's
        not deliberately reproduceable and should be technically impossible
        given the code to produce the pulldown. Best guess, somehow the
        playerid (not player) is sneaking into some place it shoudln't be. It
        is covered by bug 3267 as it has a very large scope already requiring
        in a rip up of the existing code for the pulldown.
        -kdf

Comment

• ModelCitizen
          • May 2005

Originally posted by kdf
          It is covered by bug 3267 as it has a very large scope already requiring in a rip up of the existing code for the pulldown. -kdf
          I'm sure you're right but to me that bug looks like it's adressing SlimServer set up rather than confusion of information in the drop down between server settings and player settings.
          MC
          Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
          Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
          And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Comment

• kdf
            NOT a Slim Devices Employee
            • Apr 2005

Re: Server settings options appearing in playersettings dropdown

settings is part of setup. and that bug is what the changes in trunk
            are going against, and that is the bug that the rework of the pulldown
            is going against.

add your name to the cc if you want, or wait for 7.0
            -kdf

Comment

Working...