PDA

View Full Version : "Wish List" for Slimserver - editing and adding of 'Favorites'

Cleve
2006-11-14, 05:59
My one wish for future versions of the Slimserver GUI is the ability to add and edit favorites directly from the software.

Why? In my situation, the SB3 is located in a different room of the house from the computer which runs Slimserver. So if I use direct internet radio "tune in" via Slimserver, I have to go to the SB3 itself, and access the "add favorites" function to save the radio station.

Then, some stations are saved as IP addresses, rather than their station name. It would be nice also to be able to EDIT the station names directly from the Slimserver interface. I found a 'work around' for this - but it would be better to use the Slimserver software, instead of tinkering with the favorites directory itself.

Other than this minor quibble - Slimserver works quite painlessly here. I recently upgraded computers from my trusty old Gateway Athlon 650 to a new Gateway Athlon 3500 with 1 Gb of RAM. I'm amazed at how much quicker Slimserver responds to remote control requests from the SB3 now. No problems, no glitches, just pure listening enjoyment.

TechHome
2006-11-14, 11:16
I 2nd this request.

As a very happy Nokia 770 user, I'd also like to be able to create new favorites within slimserver.

TechHome

Dougal
2006-11-14, 12:17
Hi,
Take a look at the "My Picks" plugin it works great and is more robust than using "Favorites".
Doug.

Triode
2006-11-14, 12:25
Have you tried the MyPicks plugin. It does not allow you to edit from the player user interface, but allows you edit and reorder a list of radio stations from the web interface which you can then access from a menu on the player:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/plugin/attachments/WikiRadio/MyPicks-0.5-6.5.zip

TechHome
2006-11-16, 11:44
I'll try My Picks, thanks for the tip!