PDA

View Full Version : [announce] A Skin Called 'H' (Handheld with frames)

Dave
2006-11-13, 12:50
Here's a skin I've created, using the Handheld skin as a base. Main feature is the 'header'-frame. Other than with the handheld skin you can see which song is playing at all time. Also you can do some basic operations at all time (skipping a song, volume, pause, etc). Changing the volume is done through a dropdown menu (to minimize loading time and space). In the attachment you can see some screenshots.

I'll try to attach the zip-file in the next post...

Dave

Dave
2006-11-13, 12:57
Just unzip H.zip to C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\HTML

and go to http://localhost:9000/H/

Have fun

Dave

MeSue
2006-11-18, 13:46
I'll try it. Thanks.

Regnad
2006-11-18, 18:30
Hi Dave,

I was happy to see a different handheld skin and tried it on my Palm TX.

The top 3 lines appear and I can pause, etc. No information ever appears below the 4 navigation choices, however, although pressing them does communicate with the host.

Just thought feedback would be useful and perhaps I am doing something wrong.

The lower info does appear when running on the host.

Good luck with this and thanks...

Dave
2006-11-20, 08:39
I'm familiar with the Palm internet browser. My first question would be: does it support frames? If so: which skins do work on your browser? Maybe that can give me some hint to make the H skin more universal...

Regnad
2006-11-20, 09:21
Sorry that I do not know if it supports frames, but I will try to find out. The browser is called "Blazer".

It works fine with the supplied "handheld" skin if that is any help.

Dave
2006-11-20, 09:34
Regnad: does the "default" skin work properly?

merc4a2
2006-11-20, 11:20
Thanks for the post. I've been looking for a skin that works w/ PSP and Sony LF-X11. It works on the LF-X11, even though the screen is 800x600 on the LF-X11, with most skins the buttons aren't functional. I'm assuming the PSP will work well also since they're very similar browsers.

Thanks again.

Regnad
2006-11-20, 12:41
Hi Dave: On the Palm TX, the "default" skin is pretty much OK for the left section, but the right-hand section displays at the bottom and is all squeezed together.

Dave
2006-12-09, 07:51
Some time ago I've posted the so-called 'H'-skin. Now I've enhanced that skin a little, to make it even handier to use op a PDA. New is: a drop-down menu for both navigating lower frame and navigation playlist. Especially the playlist-dropdown menu makes it easy to use the skin without using the stylus.

I've attached the skin; just unzip it to the skins-folder, and to to http://localhost:9000/h2/. The skin was made for PocketIE. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have questions or remarks.

Dave