PDA

View Full Version : Free SB3 offer when buying Transporter - offer ends when?

mattross
2006-11-10, 02:06
I'm in the UK and want to buy a Transporter, but might not be able to afford it for a week or two. Does anyone know if the free SB3 offer will still be available then? If not I'll have to sell an organ!

cliveb
2006-11-10, 02:40
I'm in the UK and want to buy a Transporter, but might not be able to afford it for a week or two. Does anyone know if the free SB3 offer will still be available then? If not I'll have to sell an organ!
When I spoke to Paul of Progressive AV at the What HiFi show last weekend, he told me the free SB3 offer would carry on until the end of "next week". That might be next Friday, or it might TODAY, depending on what he actually meant by "next week". Looks like you may have to learn to live with one kidney.

mattross
2006-11-10, 04:18
I've noticed Broadband Stuff also sell it in the UK and also offer the free SB3 so there are at least two UK sellers. Is there any official word from Slim Devices when they will stop shipping SB3's? Presumably they dictate when the offer ends.

cliveb
2006-11-10, 04:32
I've noticed Broadband Stuff also sell it in the UK and also offer the free SB3 so there are at least two UK sellers. Is there any official word from Slim Devices when they will stop shipping SB3's? Presumably they dictate when the offer ends.
There are lots of retailers in the UK: Broadband Stuff, Advanced MP3 Players, Multitask Computing, MediaHome, ... the list goes on. But my understanding is that Progressive AV are the official UK distributors, and presumably the retailers get their stock from Progressive. Maybe someone fom Progressive can clarify this?

I have no idea who decides about the free SB3 offer - it could be Slim Devices, Progressive, or the retailer. Even if Slim Devices stop giving free SB3s, there's nothing to stop a UK retailer doing it if they wanted to.

It's probably worth calling the retailer(s) you're interested in to see if they are actually receiving any stock yet. Progressive told me that they're getting about 20 a week, and that my transporter (which I ordered on Tuesday) should arrive in 3 or 4 weeks.