PDA

View Full Version : SB displays "Now Playing" until I press arrow button

lord.hypnos
2006-11-08, 22:08
On every version of SlimServer I've used (6.3, 6.5 nightlies, 7.0 nightlies), my SB3 will display "Now Playing" instead of what I have designated until I press the left or right arrow key on the remote after powering up. If I stop or pause the SB, then resume, the SB displays the correct info; it's just when I first start the SB. I can't imagine that this is a bug. What setting do I need to change to have the SB display the track info as soon as anything starts playing?

DrNic
2006-11-09, 12:06
On every version of SlimServer I've used (6.3, 6.5 nightlies, 7.0 nightlies), my SB3 will display "Now Playing" instead of what I have designated until I press the left or right arrow key on the remote after powering up. If I stop or pause the SB, then resume, the SB displays the correct info; it's just when I first start the SB. I can't imagine that this is a bug. What setting do I need to change to have the SB display the track info as soon as anything starts playing?

Hi
I think this all depends by what you mean in "Now Playing"... Depending on what screensaver you have active (ie: Now Playing - jump back on wake etc) depends on what you expect to see. For me, unless I wait the set 30 secs (configurable) or actually press the Now Playing button I see whatever "page" I am at. So you need to go into the Player settings and go to the screensaver selection and have a try with the different options (I recommend the "jump back on wake" one but YMMV) - this setting is also configurable from the actual SB itself in the settings menu.

Hope that helps

Nic

lord.hypnos
2006-11-09, 14:51
Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted: press play and the song info scrolls across instead of just seeing "Now Playing."