PDA

View Full Version : Playlists deleting themselves

Nostromo
2006-11-06, 07:56
I have a couple of playlists and they keep deleting themselves. They're not merely clearing themselves: they're deleting themselves. Only the name of the playlist remains. When I try to play a playlist on the Squeezebox, it tells me the Playlist is empty. I open SS and click on the playlist, its empty. And, yes, I saved the playlist.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

VERSION INFO

SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.7 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Siduhe
2006-11-06, 08:18
Couple of thoughts, How did you create these playlists ? Manually via Slimserver interface / using an external program / using a Plugin ?

Once you've saved the playlist, can you immediately open it up in a text editor and see the relevant entries ?

I wonder if the playlist isn't saving properly in the first place, rather than deleting itself. I had a problem ages ago with a playlist that was being "used" by another program when I shut it down, so when I tried to make changes to the playlist in Slimserver, it wouldn't save them. Any chance it could be something like that ?

HTH

EFP
2006-11-06, 11:58
It turns out the playlist files themselves were still intact.. but for some reason SlimServer thought they were empty.

Ended up blanking out my slimserver.pref to resolve it..

Nostromo
2006-11-06, 16:59
Couple of thoughts, How did you create these playlists ? Manually via Slimserver interface / using an external program / using a Plugin ?

Manually via Slimserver interface

Once you've saved the playlist, can you immediately open it up in a text editor and see the relevant entries ?

Yes

I wonder if the playlist isn't saving properly in the first place, rather than deleting itself. I had a problem ages ago with a playlist that was being "used" by another program when I shut it down, so when I tried to make changes to the playlist in Slimserver, it wouldn't save them. Any chance it could be something like that ?

I don't think so.

The next time it happens, I'll check my playlists with a text editor to see if the content got erased.

stuorguk
2006-11-07, 18:01
All my playlists have disappeared too. I noticed this when my Alarm no longer played one of my playlists. They are still in the directory, and the files aren't empty.

A Rescan doesn't pick them up.

kizmet005
2006-11-08, 16:15
I've had them overwrite themselves - once, replacing a couple hundred tracks with 2, then once deleting all the songs, leaving an empty file behind. I'm going to try to set the files to readonly and see what that accomplishes (if anything...)

emm
2007-02-17, 09:16
Similar problem here: My playlists are properly saved in a file on my PC and when I open them with a text reader (Notepad), I see the songs listed. But Slimserver thinks they're empty (all of them). Please help. I already deleted some of my playlists thinking they had been somehow erased. How to get Slimserver to once again read my playlists? This is a recent problem so perhaps the latest version of SS is buggy? Using SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206

emm
2007-02-17, 09:56
Okay problem solved - Check the path in your playlists and make sure it's looking in the right place for the songs. I keep my library on my E drive, but recently renamed it the F drive. My playlists were all looking for the songs on the E drive. I renamed the drive back to E and problem solved.

emm