PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost all access to Slimserver

MoodyDragon
2006-11-06, 00:03
I upgraded to 6.5 and am having no end of trouble. First, I can no longer access the slimserver. Trying both http://localhost:9000 and http://192.168.1.x:9000 (where x is the computer no), the internet explorer will not load the page.... says failed to make connection. Also, after that, slimserver will also stop.... To make it restart requires me to reboot.

The good thing is that I can play and access my collection via the slimdevice. But not via the web interface. So I can not make any changes in the way slimserver is working.

Can you please help me... not sure what I did wrong:
Versions tried: 6.5 and 6.5.1
I uninstalled the 6.5 and deleted the folder and reinstalled fresh. No change.

Thank you in advance!.

Mark Lanctot
2006-11-06, 07:19
To make it restart requires me to reboot.

This is a weird one. Do you mean nothing happens when you right-click on the tray icon and restart SlimServer?

Also, can it not be restarted from Start - Run - "services.msc"?

Is there anything in Start - Programs - Accessories - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer?

The good thing is that I can play and access my collection via the slimdevice. But not via the web interface. So I can not make any changes in the way slimserver is working.

That means SlimServer IS running.

What browser are you using? Did you clear its cache?

Did you have 6.3 installed before? Did you uninstall it first, including deleting the SlimServer directory?

MoodyDragon
2006-11-06, 16:59
>This is a weird one. Do you mean nothing happens >when you right-click on the tray icon and restart >SlimServer?
When I attempt to restart the slimserver if by right clicking, it does say 'starting slimserver.. ' or something to that effect but when the browser loads, it says 'unable to connect'.

>Also, can it not be restarted from Start - Run ->"services.msc"?
Actually, yes, this does start the slimserver. But I still run into the problem of eventually shutting off the server if I click around on the slimserver interface.

>Is there anything in Start - Programs - Accessories - Administrative Tools - Event >Viewer?
There is a whole bunch. Where do I look?

>That means SlimServer IS running.

>What browser are you using? Did you clear its cache?
Internet explorer, yes I did, on reading your input. No change.

>Did you have 6.3 installed before? Did you uninstall it first, including deleting the >SlimServer directory?
I must admit, I did initially install 6.5 without uninstalling the 6.3 But after I realized this, I did uninstall slimserver, delete the director, rebooted and installed 6.5 but the problem persists. AND YES< NOW THAT I THINK OF IT, THIS PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED 6.5 OVER 6.3 But now I have rectified that... no?

MoodyDragon
2006-11-06, 17:07
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 11/6/2006
Time: 4:03:51 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 7D10D6D8295944B
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.titlesort, me.compilation, me.year, me.artwork, me.disc, me.discc, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.titlesearch, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.musicbrainz_id, me.title FROM albums me GROUP BY me.id ORDER BY concat('0', me.titlesort),me.disc LIMIT 64': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_528_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.

kdf
2006-11-06, 17:15
Quoting MoodyDragon
<MoodyDragon.2gvlin1162858201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file
> 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_528_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) at C:\Program
> Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
>

Tell your virus scanner to ignore .MYI files
-kdf

MoodyDragon
2006-11-06, 22:05
Quoting MoodyDragon
<MoodyDragon.2gvlin1162858201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file
> 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_528_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) at C:\Program
> Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
>

Tell your virus scanner to ignore .MYI files
-kdf
It is already set to ignore .myi files... :(

MoodyDragon
2006-11-07, 23:08
Any more ideas folks? Any way I can correct the registry if installing 6.5 over 6.3 is what did this?
Thank you in advance!

oreillymj
2006-11-08, 00:02
Try disabling your Virus scanner and rebooting your machine.
See if that makes a difference. Who's AV software are you running?

The error you mention is consistent with your virus scanner blocking or deleting .myi files.
The only other explanation is that your C: drive is full.

Have you got a log file from your virus scanner you can post?