PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox 3 and Linkstation - no music

Jareds
2006-11-03, 14:06
I have just bought a squeezebox and have managed to install slimserver on my linkstation (thanks to a unix install script supplied by a member called Amauta). The thing is amazing - but at the moment I can only access the internet radio!

When I switched the squeezebox on, it found the linkstation straight away, but it won't find my music folders (gives the message "folder empty"). I have installed all of my music from my itunes folder - could this be the problem, or do I need to do a scan of my music?

Amauta
2006-11-03, 15:54
Keep in mind that on the LinkStation you can only play native formats like FLAC, MP3, AIFF, WAV ...

In Server Settings the path to your music should be:
/mnt/hda/<your music folder>

For the playlists the same:
/mnt/hda/<your playlist folder>

All case sensitive.

stevos
2006-11-04, 13:21
make sure your linkstation is using a dynamic ip address (it is needed for the linkstation to connect to the internet), if you really need a static one i can guide you through setting up the internet connection.

Jareds
2006-11-05, 02:56
Thanks for your help guys.

I've managed to find most of my music, but I've realised that I ripped alot of my music (about 4 years ago) as AAC. I'm guessing that this is the problem and i'm going to need to do some more tinkering. Unless I convert them all to MP3.....!