PDA

View Full Version : Transporter digital input descriptions

coop250
2006-11-02, 14:40
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Transporter and have searched the forum as to whether the description of the digital optical and coaxial inputs can be changed to a more friendly format on the display, eg. "DVD" or "Digibox".

If they can then I should be able to convince my wife that we need one.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Craig.

radish
2006-11-02, 15:05
Not right now (as far as I know) but it's been brought up before. There may well be an enhancement request you can vote for.

JJZolx
2006-11-02, 15:07
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Transporter and have searched the forum as to whether the description of the digital optical and coaxial inputs can be changed to a more friendly format on the display, eg. "DVD" or "Digibox".

If they can then I should be able to convince my wife that we need one.
I don't think they can be changed currently, but it's probably a good enhancement request.

davep
2006-11-02, 15:12
Yes they can be changed via editing of a text file in one of the server subdirectories. Can't remember where at the moment. I have done this - and for the aame WAF reason - to make mine all read "Not Used" except for the optical input which says "CD Player". Not surprisingly this is connected to a CD player for those times when as yet unripped music is to be played.

davep

emeraldcityeg
2006-11-02, 15:18
Hey everyone,

Is there any way to view the "stats" on the active Transporter digital input? I'd like to be able to sanity-check whatever is coming in to it to see what sample/bit rate is being fed to it by my Denon universal player. I'm thinking of something similar to when you click on the details of a file in your library and see the properties of that file.

Cheers,
Daniel

kdf
2006-11-02, 15:18
Edit the strings at the end of Plugins/DigitalInput/Plugin.pm
-kdf

seanadams
2006-11-02, 18:40
Is there any way to view the "stats" on the active Transporter digital input? I'd like to be able to sanity-check whatever is coming in to it to see what sample/bit rate is being fed to it by my Denon universal player. I'm thinking of something similar to when you click on the details of a file in your library and see the properties of that file.

Not at the moment BUT the hardware does provide access to that sort of information as well as some other interesting stuff like CD subcodes (time elapsed, track number), so in future software we can expose it.

coop250
2006-11-03, 05:13
Thanks for all your replies - great forum this for information,

To DaveP and kdf - how do I get to the text strings? Are they in the server or on the player itself?

mherger
2006-11-03, 05:29
> To DaveP and kdf - how do I get to the text strings? Are they in the
> server or on the player itself?

You can edit the plugin file kdf mentioned in a text editor or use my
StringEditor plugin:

http://www.herger.net/StringEditor

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

emeraldcityeg
2006-11-03, 12:22
Not at the moment BUT the hardware does provide access to that sort of information as well as some other interesting stuff like CD subcodes (time elapsed, track number), so in future software we can expose it.

Thanks for the reply, Sean. Is this something I could take a crack at developing through the CLI or something? Would love to get on this...